Chapter 4

We finally reached my office which took some time as it was in the middle of a city area while I lived closer to the country lands as it was a lot more peaceful and quiet there.
"Bye"
"Bye take care of yourself and drink lots of water" Eva said and the worried crease on her forhead was still there as she looked at me.
"Now I am starting to feel convinced that you're pregnant, you sound like my mother" I teased her trying to make her calmer though I felt like I was about to have a panic attack.
"Yaah! Did you just call me old you little piece of shit" and she drove off.
"Phew! okay." I inhaled keeping myself calm and my face neutral I had a status to follow as I walked in I saw how everyone was sitting on their respective seats staring determinedly into their computer. I knew my employees they were just scared of getting caught sulking around. How weird humans acted under an intimidating gaze. I'd always learned to keep my work life and private life completely separated. They only ever saw  me with a poker face and a demanding voice, though I never really was too strict with them or shouted unnecessarily I still made sure to make them understand that I was always firm on my decisions and that they could not and 'would' not overrule me nor allow silly mistakes.
I came into my cabin shortly accompanied by my personal assistant Meera. I'd always found her as a very capable and strong willed person eventhough she was from a poor background with a family who lived in the UP state of India with not much financial resources had still tried to provide her with the greatest opportunity they could give her. Her qualifications weren't the highest but her determination had impressed me from the first day here. I don't know why but I had a bit of a soft corner to this girl ,she was like one of those really good people who were to innocent for this cruel world. The first day she was here she had turned into a constant target for the make employees with her dark brown wavy hair lean figure and green eyes I had to admit she was beautiful. Though she was beautiful, she was kind hearted and shy. She reminded me of how I used to be when I was a teenager. "Anything special today on the schedule?" I asked in my normal serious tone. She flinched hearing my voice, eventhough I'd never really been as strict with her as the others she seemed to still be scared from time to time "no mam, we don't have any new updates except for the deal with Mr Kumarl"
"Hmm,did you prepare the introduction slides of the presentation I told you to prepare?"
"Yes mam,here you are" she handed me the blue file in her hand.
"Mam Mr Ali has also asked me to inform you that he will be waiting for you at the Fortress restaurant and said that he has sent the location on your phone" she said it in a way that I was sure that she had rehearsed at least twenty times before.
'Ugh' I moaned in my head I'd completely forgotten about the meeting with the Smiths. I wondered for a minute if I should just call him and tell him that I wasn't well but then I did come all the way here anyway what's one little meeting, I'll live through it.
"Yes thankyou for reminding me Meera" I said trying to keep the exhaustion out of my voice.
Damn! I was really hoping to a  lie down after work.
That's when I got a notification, it was from Eva:
Lunch at 3, Regency hotel,DON'T BE LATE

Sure thing 'mom'. I wrote back imagining her rolling her eyes after reading it.
I also saw the notification from dad's message. The restaurant seems to be less than an hour from here ,guess I'll be having some extra time before having to go for lunch. Oh well...