Chapter 2

We arrived at the café. It was quite a big café and also had an attached bakery to it so I dropped Eva off at the front and went to park my car.

I drove unto to under ground parking lot, I parked my car in a few minutes and made my way back to the front.I found Eva sitting at our usual table beside the window with a breath taking view of the landscape outside.
"Hey,did you order " I asked. "Yeah" she answered putting her phone down. "And by the way your cousin called, I picked it up,hope you don't mind" she said in a casual tone ,I knew her well enough to notice the uneasiness stirring behind it. "Nah it's fine, which cousin" I asked sipping my drink which the waiter had just brought. "Neha" she said expressionless. I felt my breath hitch at my throat 'no,no,no,please no' my inner me had began to panic.I could see Eva looking at me getting ready for any signs of danger. "What did she say"in an uncharacteristic pitched voice despite my efforts to seem calm. 'Oh God why am I like this' I thought. "Hey you don't have to worry she just called to say that she's pregnant finally " Eva said in a calming voice "and you don't have to go to Al Bahah to see her cause she's busy and her husband is still trying to find a new job "she assured me still scanning my face for any signs of distress. I tried to to force some words out of my mouth they seemed to burn my throat on the way out but it sounded more composed than I felt "yeah that's good, thanks" but her expression didn't change she grabbed my hand across the table and looking into my eyes said "Please don't pretend like your okay and expect me to believe it cause anybody can believe that shit, anybody, anybody but me,you hear that look I know your afraid of going back there and I'm not going to force you but you really need to learn to leave the past behind, you can't let it haunt you like this okay bae you're better than this,okay I love you and I'll give you more advice after I use the washroom cause I literally feel my eyelash extensions falling off" she added getting up to go to the washroom while I finally laughed."Hey start the car before I come back okay" she called to me,I flashed her a grin as yes then drained my coffee in one sip and went back to the parking lot chuckling. This is what I loved about her,no matter how bad my day is I could always find comfort from her ,she was like a little sister to me.

I entered the parking lot,I noticed that there weren't many people there just a girl with hair till below her shoulders, she wore a green vest. I don't know why but I stared at her while I passed her tearing my eyes away to find my car,when I felt something slide past my back. I turned around there was no one except that girl standing motionless with her back facing me. I turned around and kept walking when I heard footsteps behind me and felt some presence behind me I don't know why but my heart accelerated and breath became   harsh.'RUN' the same voice in me said.
I began to run at top speed to the opposite side forgetting about my car,forgetting about everything. When I slammed into someone with such force I almost fell over."Oh my God! What in the hell are you doing" I heard her say."Eva ,Eva there's someone there ,th-they tried to chase m-me and I was running, th-this girl I s-s-swear there was a girl she-she..." I exclaimed clutching at her hand trying to make her understand, pushing her to run. "Wait wait calm down what are you saying there's-" "the girl a-a girl " I exclaimed cutting across her when she said "What girl?" Eva asked with a confused look "That girl, the one wi-with the-" I looked around trying to find the girl but she was nowhere. But the was a girl I was sure of it."There was a girl wearing a vest with sh-short hair who,who-" my voice faded as I tried to find the girl when Eva grabbed my shoulders looking concerned by my behavior probably thinking I'd lost it."You must have imagined it, okay there's no one here okay,you know what I'll drive ok, I'll drive" she said pulling me into the car trying to calm me. But there was a girl there I had been so sure that there was a girl there and the footsteps ,the noise I couldn't have imagined that. Could I.
I thought as we drove past a safety sign for parking I thought I saw a girl sitting inside a white KIA,with her hair covering her face.

Please ignore any spelling mistakes as it is my first time writing. I hope you all enjoyed reading this chapter and please comment how you felt about it byeee
Love
                                    Aprildeath ❤️