A brother...

(Ava Evans)

Playing with a lock of her hair, Ava stares out her window, observing the night sky. "A brother..." She murmurs, recalling the events of the morning.

Catching up with the trio of demigods, very nice, it was good to be filled in on the events pertaining to the immortal world via hushed exchanges in latin. Also good to be able to secretly snap some pictures of Percy for her personal collection. Ava's positive he noticed, but eh, he didn't say anything, so she'll take it as his consent. Finding out she has a long lost brother, not so nice, okay, that's not true, it's absolutely amazing, but...

Shaking her head, Ava ruffles her long blond hair, her blue eyes glaring at the sky. "Dad, is this some sort of sick gift?"

Stalking back into her room, she grabs her suitcase, roughly yanking it along behind her, huffing in annoyance when it catches on the door frame. "You okay?"

She didn't scream, if anyone asks, she really didn't scream. Whipping her head around, her fist flies out, easily caught by a warm hand. Recognizing those sea green eyes staring back at her, she calms, her heart which had been violently jumping in her chest slows. "You jerk! Don't do that again!"

Percy smiles slightly, raising his hands in surrender. "Sorry, I just wanted to talk to you without the others around."

Ava figured the others referred to the ragtag bunch that were with her brother. "Oh? Let me guess, you want to see how upset I am about you freaking throwing a brother on me! Percy, for gods sake would you iris message me at least before you do something like that! You know for a fact I don't want to deal with this right now!"

Catching her breath, Ava realizes she just screamed at Percy, the boy she's been secretly fangirling over for months. Oops.

Percy's eyes lower, the smile dropping from his face. "Sorry, I didn't realize...I was insensitive."

"Did you think that this would make me feel better?" Ava treks on, she's already yelled at him, might as well keep going, right? Better to let out all the frustration she gathered from the morning exchange that she had kept pent up then to keep it all hidden. 

"No, maybe, I just..." Percy weakly tries to defend himself, but Ava doesn't give him the chance.

"Hey, who cares that your brothers dead, we'll just give you another one, so just stop feeling sad. Is that what all of you are thinking? I hate the gods, I hate their games, I hate this!" Ava breaks into tears, Percy wrapping her in a warm embrace, his hands drawing soothing circles on her back.

"He's not a replacement for Julius!" Ava cries harder, she misses him, her brother in all but blood. A son of Mars, he was one of the best strategists, but in the end, the final war claimed his life, and the life of everyone she knew from Camp Jupiter. "I should've been there."

"There was nothing you could've done." Percy sadly says, eyes closing, wondering why life has to be so cruel. Even the descendants couldn't escape their fate, very few had survived, only due to luck at that. "If you were there, you'd just be another body to bury" and that might just have been the saddest truth of all.

(Harry Potter)

Harry felt like the world looks even prettier tonight as he gazes at the lake, the water glistening in the moonlight. Having returned to Hogwarts after meeting his sister, he still couldn't believe how wonderful it had been. She hadn't seemed as excited as he is to find out they're related, but she did seem to quietly accept that fact, and he had even gotten her number. Now he could contact her whenever he wants!

Feeling all the more excited, Harry lies down, looking up at the sky. He had always wanted a family, dreamt of it, and it would seem God had heard his prayer. 'I have a sister, a sister who's alive. A sister...'