Nightmare, Trickery, and Professor Binns

(Percy)

Percy woke up in a panic, mind a mess of images. "Percy we're here, calm down." A calm voice, with a hint of worry reaches his ears. Percy turns to view Jason, and his tense body relaxes. Nico hugs Percy from behind, rubbing his back in comfort.

"Sorry, I had another nightmare." Percy murmurs, closing his eyes and placing his head on Jason's heart. The steady heartbeat soothes his stressed mind.

"Talk about it?" Nico asks.

"Mm...okay. I was dreaming of after the giant war. Thalia and Leo's funeral, I was with Annabeth." Percy takes a shuddering breath, trying to control his emotions. He's been more open about talking about his nightmares with the two in the past couple weeks. "She was telling me how she had to go somewhere, I wasn't really listening, to busy trying to keep Hazel from committing suicide. Then I remember hearing a scream, and Rachel..."

"Shh." Nico shushes Percy, all three of them knowing this is when Rachel died. The night they were mourning the heroes who died in the Giant War, Rachel Dare was murdered. The horror it brought, the fear...it almost divided the two camps again.

"I couldn't find Annabeth, I was running, trying to find her, worried whoever killed Rachel would be after her next. I couldn't find her she was just gone." He says, rubbing at the tears beginning to form in his eyes. "I called Blackjack and flew off to find her, I thought maybe she went to her dads, I didn't want to believe someone kidnapped her. I made a mistake I should never have left camp."

"Percy that's enough blaming yourself. If we had found you missing, we also would've gone to search." Nico says.

"You two did go search as soon as you found me missing after Rachel's murder." Percy mumbles, a hint of joy and sorrow in his eyes.

"We all messed up leaving the camp." Jason finally says, trying not to let Percy cry again.

"Yeah, my nightmare ended after I fell off Blackjack from being poisoned. It was awful, awful being in too much pain to move when the people I love needed me. Not knowing how I was poisoned, scared I was betrayed." He murmurs, eyes dark and scary. "I still remember that terror, the thought that I would never find her..."

"Enough Percy, you've said enough." Jason cuts in. Percy trembles, relaxing only after much coaxing from the two.

"Sleep Percy, the night is still young." Nico whispers.

(Hecate)

"Please!" Hecate yells pleadingly at Ares

"No." Ares replies.

"Please!"

"No."

"Please!"

"No."

"Will you two be quite?!" Aphrodite yells, glaring at the two. Ares and Hecate go silent, neither daring to make another peep until Aphrodite turns back to fix her hair.

"Ares, please consider it." Hecate asks, trying her best to get Ares to agree.

"You want me to go to some wizarding world to teach some puny mortals how to fight with real weapons. No way." He refuses, not even looking at Hecate.

"There not mortals, well not completely, I've blessed some, others are my offspring." She refutes, no longer acting sweet. Her glaring eyes meet Ares flaming ones when he turns to her.