9

It's been a few days since the sports festival. And today we get to pick hero names and decide who we want our mentors to be. I stop texting Monoma as Midnight says she'll approve our names for us.

Now I don't know if I want to make my name as Mileena. Not if she will be my mentor. I have an idea. I decide to go first.

I may as well.

I hold up my whiteboard as Midnight looks at it.

"You know I had a feeling you would make it like that. Especially with the fact you are basically the two of them combined. Alrigh. Leetana it is" Midnight says as I smile a little. I thought Miltana or Kitleena would sound strange. So I combined the last two parts of their names instead.

Soon my other friends get their names. Izuku chooses Deku, Ochaco chooses Uravity, Tsu chooses Froppy. And so many other cool names are said.

It makes mine sound weak. Like a copycat. But then Kirishima names himself Red Riot. After Crimson Riot. And suddenly I feel so much better.

Monoma starts texting me again. Since we aren't learning anything important, we are allowed to be on them if we want.

Monoma: and so I'm the Phantom Thief

Me: that's hot. Always thought it was

Monoma: you said it was stupid before-

Me: yea well mine is worse

Monoma: I doubt that

Me: well when we get our mentors it will be

Monoma: what do you mean? Isn't Loki going to mentor us?

Loki didn't tell him. Fuck.

Me: about that. His um... Homeland has a war going on. We got two new ones. But I won't spoil the fun. I can tell u my hero name at least.

Monoma: yes. Tell me. Tell me right now you pretty woman

I feel my face heat up as I read that. Dammit I can't be blushing right now...

Me: Leetana

Monoma: that sounds very familiar. I mean it's still cool af

Me: sure. We gotta go meet our mentors tomorrow anyways

Monoma: oh also. My mom finally had the courage to inform me of my cousin. Himiko Toga. One of the villains

Me: ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

Monoma: who are you and what did you do to Y/n?

Me: I'm saying my cousin is also a villain. Oh please... You're telling me you didn't notice? I get my decay ability from my dad's side. I'm trying to make it a usable quirk. But without the side effects my cousin has. He doesn't even know that he has us as family. We still welcome villain relatives as family...

Monoma: oh yea. Cause Mileena was turned away by her own sister. I get that. Your cousin is Shigaraki?

Me: I was hoping our encounter would have at the very least allow him to figure as much out. Nothing yet however

I end up setting down my phone after that. There are enough things about me that people hate. If they find out I'm related to a major villain, things won't end well. Monoma has a cocky ego. So no wonder he's related to Himiko. And back when I used to hang out with her, in an attempt to find Shigaraki, I learned she has a copy based quirk.

Later that night I had an anxiety attack.

My mentors are new pro heroes with killing license. And they are getting Monoma and I those as well. I never met them. And that scares me. I'm pretty certain Mileena slept around a lot during her time and birthed a few offsprings.

Which makes sense. I wonder if she has a girlfriend at the moment. Maybe a boyfriend.

I'll ask tomorrow. If only I can manage to sleep. I'm so worried about making a bad impression. Of fucking up. Or even worse, allowing my emotions of finding my cousin get in the way. This is bad. I'm actually scared.