Part 29 ~ The Marriage : Saat Phere (I)

Suhani's pov 

" Mr Rathore , you're here ? it's kind of new , is everything fine? what happened ? " As Mr Rathore entered my room , I sensed the air thick with tension, his usually confident stride subdued by the weight of the situation . I glanced up from the file I was immersed in , startled by his unexpected appearance , he didn't answer making me frown in confusion 

" Mr Rathore , what happened ? You seem worried" I inquired , noticing the furrow in his brow and the slight tremor in his voice , he walked towards me in fast strides , sighed heavily , running a hand through his hair in a gesture of frustration . 

"Dr Suhani , I'm sorry to barge in like this , but I've to discuss a very important thing with you " as he uttered those words , i don't know why my heart started fluttering , a heavy weight seemed to drop on my chest , it felt like something bad was about to happen 

The gravity of his words sank in , and I straightened up in my chair , concern etched across my features. "What discussion ? " I asked , my mind already racing through potential scenarios .

" Mr Rathore , here , drink some water first " I tried to comfort him but his heavy expressions didn't seem to fade , I could feel the urgency radiating from him , his usual composed demeanor shaken by the unfolding crisis , His expressions suddenly changed into a stranger one , making me confused as hell 

" Dr Suhani , I Want to Marry You " Just as He uttered those words , my world slipped off my feet , I couldn't comprehend what he just asked me right now , my heartbeats increased , As those words hung in the air , time seemed to freeze around me. My heart pounded in my chest , the weight of his declaration crashing over me like a tidal wave. I struggled to process the enormity of what he had just said . In that moment, my mind and heart raced rapidly , trying to grasp the implications of his words . Every heartbeat echoed loudly in my ears as I searched for the right response. My emotions churned within me, a whirlwind of uncertainty and disbelief . How could he even ask me something like this ? what about Tara , Dadisa and her parents .

My thoughts spun in a dizzying whirl as I grappled with the suddenness of his confession. The world around me blurred as I struggled to find my voice , to articulate the myriad emotions coursing through me. In that moment , everything seemed suspended in time as if the universe itself held its breath, waiting for my reply. With trembling hands and a racing heart , I finally found the courage to speak , my voice barely above a whisper. I looked in his eyes , they seemed dark , dark like a mysterious forest in the midnight . 

" Kya !!! " ( What ! ) i asked in pure disbelief , he came closer and stood just an inch away from me , my heartbeats increased as he moved more closer towards me , making me lose my breath . my breathing stopped as I looked at him , hoping to find if he was joking around , but unfortunately he was not , he was damn serious , his expressions said so . 

" A-Aap aisa soch bhi kaise sakte hain , Mr Rathore " ( H-How could you even think something like that , Mr Rathore )  My voice wavered with a mixture of disbelief and disappointment, betraying the turmoil raging within me. I struggled to maintain composure, but the hurt and confusion were evident in every word I spoke .

The weight of his confession hung heavily in the air between us , casting a shadow over the room . I couldn't fathom how we had arrived at this moment , how our professional relationship had suddenly veered into uncharted territory . It was as if the ground beneath me had shifted , leaving me grasping for solid footing in a sea of uncertainty. Mr Rathore's expression faltered , his usually confident demeanor giving way to a flicker of uncertainty