Chapter 1, The Talk

Carson's POV

I put  the burgers on the grill, I turn towards Matt. He seems to be relax around me. I like the maturity of this young man.

“Have you  ever grilled before?”  Matt smirks at me,

“Yes, my father taught me before he died, my older brother Andrew  has continued any training.  He's been s great brother to me.” I shake my head,

“That's great, but while we're here, I would like ask what are your intentions with my daughter?” Matt smiles at me as he turns the burgers,

“I enjoy being with Hailey. i'm falling in love with her. I'm in it for the long haul.” I furrow my brow for a moment, then I ask intently.

“Alright, what is your idea of a long haul. Please know that Hailey is the apple of my eye.” Matt softly chuckles,

“I can understand why you feel that way. You are about her being special. That’s where I agree with you. I want to take our time. I'm getting ready to graduate this year. Your daughter has a year after that. It gives us time.”

I had to be pleased to hear this. So I can continue, trying to be strict though I was pleased. Matt was paying attention to the foods,

“If you go to continue your education. There will be so many beautiful women there.” Matt chuckles at my words, Taking the burgers off the grill, he puts more meat onto it.

“Yes, i'll be taking on line classes. But i'm going to start working for  my brother after graduating.” I nod feeling good about this,

“Good plan. I work with your brother. So we may be seeing each other. Just don't hurt her.” Matt looks at me with concern,

“Yes, maybe you'll see if i'm stable enough to provide for Hailey in the future. i'm in no hurry with her. I want it to seem natural to marry her.” I nod, as I add more meat to the grill.

“What are you to think of me and Hailey? i'm sure you have more to say,” I had to chuckle, seeing Anna and Hailey come out.

“Don’t you think the two of you should date around?” Matt frowns at me, as Hailey walks up to him.

“I don't want to date anyone.” Matt chuckles at her words, as he responds to my question..

“I agree with Hailey. I have no desire to date someone else. I want to see where this relationship is going.”

 Anna walks up, putting her arms around me. Matt cocks his head, He knew something was going on with Hailey, But what I have is no idea.

“Okay. i'm okay with the two of you for now. But just be open to anything.” I see the couple glancing at each other,

“Thanks for at least understanding.” With that, we took the meat off the grill. He had done well to please me, We all sit down, Anna speaks up.

“Let's eat and keep things light. This family has been through enough these last few months.”  We all agree with her, so the six of us with Charles and Chase. After  dinner, Matt told me that he needed to go.

“Baby, I need to go. i'll call you later.” Matt seems to glance at us,

“Thanks for the wonderful meal.” I stand up,

“I'll walk you out to your car. To finish our conversation.”

 I see the couple frown, both of them stand. They kiss each other deeply, you could tell they didn't want to part from each other. After they part, I clear my throat.

“It's time  for us to take a walk.” Matt and I  take off to walk in the garden, I clear my throat again.

“Matt, i'm just concern about Hailey, because she's so young.” Matt somberly nods,