T h r e e

"I won't upset you again," Jimin said in a low tone, realizing that Taehyung gazing at his scars

"I won't upset you again," Jimin said in a low tone, realizing that Taehyung gazing at his scars. Embarrassingly, he pulled his shirt and closed his button again.

Taehyung felt his anger suddenly disappeared, somehow he couldn't dare to hurt Jimin any further, as his scars shoved Taehyung's mind into the depths of his past.

Memories flooded Taehyung's mind, reminding him of the unfortunate events he wanted to forget so desperately.

Taehyung grinned, "Leave" he commanded, his voice trembling.

Jimin felt a rush of uncertainty as Taehyung's behavior shifted suddenly. His breath shaky as he struggled to understand the situation.

"I said leave" Taehyung shouted aggressively, his breath deepened as he turned back and headed across the desk to approach the window.

Jimin jolted suddenly and gasped a long and shaky breath, without hesitating, he headed to his desk and instantly hung his bag pack on his shoulder, then without wasting a moment, Jimin approached the doorway.

However, before leaving the classroom Jimin caught Taehyung taking out a packet of cigarettes from his pants pocket and squeezing one between his lips, not being able to understand the situation Jimin let himself out of the class.

Standing by the window, Taehyung found himself dealing with rage as he lit his cigarette and inhaled the smoke.

Taehyung turned back again and watched Jimin leaving the class, the anger he felt towards him vanished completely. Instead, waves of memories crashed over him, vivid and haunting.

The sight of Jimin's bruises triggered something deep within him, stirring up memories of his past, memories he desperately wanted to forget. He could feel his heart racing, his hands trembling, as the image of his older brother Jaehyung flashed before his eyes.

Pain, fear, and anger, from those days, flooded back, overwhelming him as he fought to keep himself grounded in the present.

But the past seemed to have a tight grip on Taehyung, refusing to let go, leaving him to deal with his unforgettable pain.

"Hyung...why the fuck Jimin has similar scars as you?" Taehyung thought as his teary eyes glanced up at the sky, his lower lip trembled as he suppressed his cry by inhaling another smoke of a cigarette.

+++

Avoid him, he's a killer," a soft, girly voice whispered into Jimin's ears, sending a shiver down his spine

Startled, Jimin turned around to see the same girl who had greeted him warmly earlier, shoulder-length hair and short in height standing just a few inches away.

"Did you just call him a killer or did I misunderstand?" Asked Jimin as he tried to make sense of the warning.

"You heard completely right" The girl answered, matching his steps they both walked towards the cafeteria. "Two years ago he killed his brother but as he was a minor and his dad is a millionaire so he was free from all the charges" She explained, "It was everywhere on the TV...
Didn't you see it?"She asked.

Jimin shook his head in denial "No" he said, pondering over the situation, "But I don't think you should make a fuss about it... After seeing the news on TV...we don't know the truth "He said uncertainly.

The girl chuckled softly, "Well everyone knows that he's a psychopath " She said.

Jimin's eyes widened in shock as he processed her words, unable to respond. A mix of disbelief and horror flashed across his face as he struggled to comprehend the situation.

"Anyway, forget about it," she exclaimed eagerly, turning to face him. "I'm Yuri." With a friendly smile, she extended her hand for a handshake.

Jimin felt satisfied, at least he finally made a freind among a bunch of jocks. His expression softened slightly, as he returned her smile and shook her hand.

+++

The cafeteria was crowded with the students, and they both grabbed thier lunch, Yuri approached the table while standing amid the hall Jimin scanned the room for an empty seat.

Suddenly, Yuri caught his attention, waving him over to join her at the table.

Jimin returned her smile gratefully and swiftly made his way towards her. However, just as he reached her table, Junseok appeared with his friends before him.

Yuri had told him about them during their free time, earlier in the morning.

Choi Junseok, the only heir of a prominent political family, while his friends, Kang Seojung and Shin Yuhan, came from noble backgrounds, their fathers were businessmen providing funds for the school.

Realizing that he was a minor compared to them, Jimin avoided them and shifted his gaze back on Yuri, she sat holding her breath and the rest of the students.

A deep silence wandered into the cafeteria as each gaze looked at Jimin.

"You can't avoid us," Junseok said, shoving him back to his spot.

Jimin trying to control his scowling glanced up at the muscular figure standing with a malicious smirk, "Let me go" He said in a quivering voice.

Junseok released a soft chuckle then he exchanged a mockery glance with his friends, "Okay" he said dragging him aside.

As Jimin took a step forward towards Yuri's table, Junseok deliberately swung his leg out, causing Jimin to trip and stumble to the ground.

Jimin's eyes widened in shock as his body lurched forward, his tray scattered on the floor. His heart raced with surprise and embarrassment as he sat on the floor, his hand seeking support.

With a mixture of confusion and anger, Jimin shot a bewildered glance at Junseok laughing at him.

Seojung in the meantime spilled the water on Jimin's head, "Welcome to the hell bastard" He said.

Jimin took in a sharp breath as Yuhan approached, and without warning, Yuhan dumped the second bottle on him.

The liquid soaked Jimin's clothes, leaving him drenched and stunned, as the cold sensation seeped into his skin.

The cafeteria buzzed with murmurs and chatter as Junseok made his way towards their table while laughing in mockery with his friends, "No one would come out to help him" He announced.

Feeling embarrassed, Jimin gathered his energy to rise and shot a vulnerable glance at Junseok and his friends enjoying his embarrassment.

Jimin knew it would be useless to fight back since there were three of them each with a muscular body and tall height.

Admitting defeat, Jimin trudged out of the cafeteria,  and made his way towards the restroom. His heartbeat still loud, shallow breathe, he opened the tap and splashed some water on his face

"It's okay...I knew it gonna happen with me" Jimin muttered in a trembling voice as he approached the sync and wiped his tears, "I can do it" he encouraged himself.

~Rimin