S i x

Jimin's chest tightened, a sharp pain stabbing through him as his breaths came in short gasps

His heart raced uncontrollably, its pounding echoing in his ears like thunder. Every muscle in his body tensed, his limbs trembling with the overwhelming surge of panic coursing through him.

His vision blurred with tears, making it difficult to see the surroundings around him. Each heartbeat felt like a throb against his ribs, sending waves of agony  through his chest, as he coughed his lungs out.

Exhausted and feeling weak, Jimin clutched his shirt and  tried to comfort himself. But the pain only increased, his throat burned as finally Jimin stopped coughing and leaned his head back at the wall.

His mind still raced with constant thoughts of his terrifying nightmares, each one more terrifying than the last.

The man in black, the leather belt, and the weird noise, like faded music, wandered in his mind rapidly, he felt trapped, suffocated by the weight of his fear and helplessness.

Jimin felt as if he was drowning in the darkness, the world seemed to close around him as the walls were ready to swallow him.

After a ten minutes of struggle, Jimin felt eased, the tightness loosened its grip and his anxiousness disappointed.

Jimin finally breathed, and with a wince of pain, he pushed himself up from the floor. With determination etched on his face, he made his way out of the classroom.

Junseok and his friends stood  around Ms. Roohyang, chatting away with big smiles on their faces. She beamed, cheeks flushed, as Yuhan and Seojung kept her engaged in conversation.

Standing at the doorway, Jimin observed Junseok's influence over Ms. Roohyang. He knew they cleverly gained her attention, to give him time to leave.

"I have to survive," Jimin thought, his eyes blazing with anger, "And for that, I need to defeat Junseok, and if there is anyone who could fight against him is, Kim Taehyung" He decided, as he turned back and made his way towards the stairs, refused to accept his failure.

"Kim Taehyung...you have to be by my side... Only then I will be able to survive in Yeosan High" With determination, Jimin decided to get closer to Taehyung.

Jimin couldn't understand why he still trusted Taehyung, even though he knew Taehyung's involvement in his brother's death, Perhaps, because Taehyung came from a strong family.

+++

Taehyung numbly blinked his eyes, gazing at the ceiling above him

Taehyung numbly blinked his eyes, gazing at the ceiling above him.  The room filled with soft morning light, streaming through the curtains, casting a gentle glow. Outside, birds singing morning melodies.

Unwillingly Taehyung pondered over the growling voice of his father. Mr. Kim shouted at someone, presumably one of the maidens who failed to match his level while making his breakfast, or who knew, Mr. Kang the oldest butler of Kim's house made a new mistake.

With a tired sigh, Taehyung pushed himself up from the bed and headed to the wardrobe. He rummaged through his clothes until he found his black silk robe, then headed to the bathroom.

Taehyung filled the tub with hot water and eased himself in, letting the warmth seep into his tired muscles. As Taehyung soaked, his mind tangled in the thoughts about Jimin.

"He must have a reason behind his generous act," Taehyung thought, his brows furrowed.

"Your breakfast is ready young master" A heavy manly voice brushed his ears as Mr. Kang arrived in the room and shouted from outside.

"Leave it on the table" Taehyung replied, leaning his head at the back of the bathtub, he shut his eyes closed and squeezed them.

"We need to talk Young Master" Mr. Kang requested.

"Not in a mood" Taehyung replied in a harsh tone.

"It's a matter about the older master," Mr. Kang said.

Taehyung clenched his fist, realizing that no matter how upsetting it felt to talk about Jaehyung, he couldn't avoid it.

After pondering over his decision for a second, Taehyung stood up, water dripping from his skin, and wrapped his body in a robe, then he made his way towards his room.

"Isn't forbidden? Talking about Hyung" Taehyung said, his jaw muscles twisted, anger visible over his face as he glanced at Mr. Kang.

A man in his fifty, with a wrinkled face hidden behind his grey and black beard, who had access not merely to Jaehyung's room, but the only man in the Kim house who could resist Taehyung's temper.

"I guess the king changed the law... Or maybe the queen just decided to break it," Taehyung teased his parents with a scoff, strolling casually toward the couch, where the maid had already set up breakfast before leaving the room.

"Or perhaps the crown prince broke the rules," Mr. Kang said, as he observed Taehyung's disappointed face.

Taehyung in the meantime locked eyes with the old man, water dripping from the strand, flowing easily over his knees, hiding his dark eyes. A smirk formed on his lips, more menacing as he snatched the glass, filled with orange juice, and stood up.

AN: I hope you guys are enjoying the book, if you leave comments ot would be appreciated.