F i f t e e n

Taehyung woke up with the sounds of his parents shouting at each other

Taehyung woke up with the sounds of his parents shouting at each other. He rubbed his eyes to get the clear vision as he settled himself at the bed.

His gaze shifted on the grandfather clock hanging on the wall amid the two sash windows. It showed 3 am, He pondered over the voices and realized his mother crying her heart out and his father seemed disappointed, although pain apparent in his tone as well.

"How many times I've told you not to open this door" Mr. Kim shouted.

"You can move on easily but I can't... I can't forget that we could save him, I can't forget that his abductor roaming outside and perhaps living a normal life," Mrs. Kim yelled.

"Why don't you get it...let Jaehyung go....he's not in this world but Taehyung, we still have a change to protect him...don't you see how messed up Taehyung is?" Mr. Kim said, his pleading voice trembled agonizingly.

"So now you're claiming that I don't care about Taehyung but you do" Mrs. Kim said.

"Do I need to say anything further?" Mr. Kim answered.

Then the deep silence fell into the mansion. Taehyung let himself out of his cozy blanket, he opened the drawer and took out a packet of his marijuana cigarettes.

Taehyung began to smoke soon after he lost his brother, but his plain smoking quickly shifted into the marijuana, it always did something to him, perhaps provided a escape.

Taehyung didn't know but sometimes he required to handle the situation, to tell himself that he was now a grown up man who needed to cope with his pain by himself.

The silence continued, Taehyung headed towards the window and lit his cigarette, each puff of the cigarette soothing his wounded soul, but instead of yanking him out of the agony, his marijuana shove him back to the memories.

Taehyung remembered that night as if everything occured just yesterday, but it had been two years since Jaehyung left his world and his family began to break. It was presumably the last time when Taehyung felt the joy of his life.

His eyes glued to his computer screen, fingers flying across the keyboard as Taehyung dominated his video game. With a final click and a cheer, he emerged victorious.

"Woah.... I'm the best" Taehyung appraised himself. His stomach rumbled impatiently, reminding him it was time to grab some snack, as he spent the entire evening sitting in front of the computer.

Today he was in a good mood since his parents went out to attend the party, their friends arranged for them, and he could play games as much as he desired, nothing could be better than this.

Excitedly Taehyung pushed himself away from his desk, stretching his arms high above his head. Stepping out of his room, Taehyung saw the blood flowing at pristine floorboards.

Panic clawed at his throat. His heart hammered a frantic rhythm against his ribs. Ignoring the tremor in his legs, Taehyung followed the trail of blood, each step echoing ominously in the silence.

It led him straight to Jaehyung's door. He pounded on it with his fist, his voice hoarse as he screamed Jaehyung's name. But there was no answer, only a chilling emptiness that seeped out from under the door.

Dread coiled in his gut, tightening with each passing second. Without hesitation, Taehyung threw his shoulder against the door. The lock splintered with a deafening crack, giving way under the force.

The scene that greeted him was etched into his memory forever. Jaehyung lay sprawled on the floor, his lifeless body a stark contrast to the vibrant life Taehyung knew. His eyes were open, but vacant, staring sightlessly at the ceiling, blood oozing out of the deep cut at his wrist.

Taehyung released an agonizing scream as he headed closer to Jaehyung and called his name again ana again, but Jaehyung was gone forever, his brother who suffered through pain at young age finally ended his life.

AN: I hope you guys are having fun while reading this book, I got 1k reads and I'm so grateful for my readers who always support me, and show me their love.

Please continue to support me.

Saranghae 💜

~Rimin