It's Always Funny When It Happens

*The envy ring elevator has now begun boarding, please check in on aisle 5*

"This is stupid, this is so fucking stupid..." Adam whispers as he's slowly pushed by Lucifer into a long line of demons in front of the elevator kiosk. The two were inside of the large golden elevator station of hell, modeled similarly to how large train stations look on Earth. 6 large doors made up the walls of the station, all of which had signs displaying a different ring of hell above them, as well as waiting times for departure.

Lucifer shrugs, "Relax, no one recognizes you down here, at least not without the mask."

"They'll recognize you!" Adam fidgets with a second plastic horn lazily taped onto his head, modeled to look like a male imp horn, with his actual horn covered in poorly applied black and white paint, "Also, this 'disguise' I'm in makes me look dumb as shit."

"You'll pass an imp, there's all kinds of demons in hell, even imps of your... size."

"I'm 9 feet tall, prick! What kinda imp down here is 9 feet tall?"

"The better looking ones," Lucifer laughs. "Though you are an exception to that, so guess you have a point."

"Fuck you."

The line for the envy ring elevator moved surprisingly fast, since no one was keen on slowing down the devil of all people. However, most in the line didn't hesitate to stare at Lucifer and his bizarrely tall imp friend. Still, before long, Lucifer and Adam made it to the front of line.

"Two tickets to envy please!" Lucifer politely smiles towards the clerk, his shoulders barely peeking over the counter.

"Uhhh-uh... of course... your majesty!" The clearly disgruntled clerk rambles out, his hands shaking as he types in the info. Before finishing the transaction however, the clerk leans down towards Lucifer, "With uhh... all due respect sir, shouldn't you be using your private elevator?"

"Oh that old thing? Pfft... yeah it ain't built for imps like him. We'll just take the big one, no point in being too posh," Lucifer shrugs. "And with his weight, we'd be going to the bottom of sloth instead."

"Oh my god..." Adam growls as he crosses his arms.

Lucifer taps his staff against Adam's chest, "Hey, don't speak out of turn in front of your king, peasant."

"Eat shit jackass," Adam groans.

"I uhh... I don't know what to do here..." The clerk barely manages to not quit on the spot and run in fear. "Not to question you, your highness, but I need to know... for documentation purposes of course!... why this imp is traveling with you."

"Oh no worries, he's just a bodyguard," Lucifer answers.

"You need a bodyguard?"

Lucifer leans into the clerk and whispers, "Oh that's just what we call him," as he winks.

"ohhh... OH!" the clerk responds, trying to ignore the searing glare that the tall imp was giving to the king of hell, "Ju... just take the tickets."

"Thank you, have a nice day!" Lucifer beams as he drags Adam away from the counter and towards the elevator.

Adam sighs, "I hate you so goddamn much..."

The two entered the large golden elevator to envy. The interior didn't look much different from a normal train car, except that the seating area was much larger, filled with plastic chairs that were bolted to the ground, all of which were quickly filling up with various demons from other rings of hell.