4

Upon our arrival in Germany, we were greeted by a reserved man whose demeanour exuded a strict sense of professionalism. His attire was flawless, the fabric of his suit devoid of any creases, signalling meticulous attention to detail. It was evident that he was more than just a driver; there was an air of mystery about him, hinting at involvement in a secret mission, his composed exterior masking any clues about his true intentions.

He dropped us off at the hotel, where Ash, in his usual detached manner, announced, "Aria, I have some work. I'll join you guys later," before disappearing into the car.

Little did he know, this girl right here does not take orders from some random cold ass guy. I hail a cab and decide to trail down his path. And, I successfully do.

We arrived in a quaint town with old-fashioned buildings that seemed to whisper tales of a bygone era. The eerie atmosphere sent chills down my spine, compounded by the fact that the streets were eerily empty, save for a few individuals donning cowboy hats for some inexplicable reason.

"Wir sind angekommen, meine Dame," the taxi driver announced in German, snapping me out of my thoughts. Though I didn't understand the language, I nodded in acknowledgment as the cab came to a halt. Clearly, we had reached our destination.

"Barzahlung oder Kartenzahlung?"

"What?" I don't know German. I get off the taxi to face the driver's pissed off face.

"Geld?"

"Huh?" I don't know German and I don't have any Euros. I'm fucked up. Maybe I can act cute.

With a sheepish smile and a touch of playfulness in my voice, I leaned forward slightly and fluttered my eyelashes.

"Oops, I seem to have left my wallet at home," I admitted with a hint of faux innocence, hoping my cute act would win the driver's sympathy.

I then tilted my head to the side, giving the driver my best puppy-dog eyes and adding a soft, apologetic tone to my voice. "Is there any way we can work something out? I promise I'll make it up to you!"

My cheeks flushed slightly as I tried to play up her adorable side, knowing that a little sweetness and sincerity could go a long way in melting even the sternest of hearts.

"Was glauben Sie, was Sie da tun?!" Now, he was just all red and screaming at me. Geez, this is grabbing a lot of attention at this point.

I forgot he didn't know English. Duck!

"Next time you try to stalk me down. At least bring some money" I turn back to see Mr. Cold Cop calmly handing his sleek card to the taxi driver, exchanging a few words in German that flew over my head. The tension eased as the driver accepted the payment, and the cab departed with a swift vroom, leaving me red-faced and cursing my failed attempt at "stalking".

Xxxx

Inside the dimly lit interior of the old building, the atmosphere seemed to mirror the tension between us. Ash's stern gaze bore into me as he turned to face me.

"Now, what do we do with you?" His voice was firm, laced with a hint of exasperation as he locked eyes with me. The intensity of his stare felt like a laser beam, and if looks could burn, I'd be reduced to ashes in an instant. Mentally, I shivered under the weight of his gaze.

"I just wanted some adventure," I tried to act cute.

But Ash's reaction was not what I had hoped for. He sighed, his expression shifting from stern to resigned as he muttered to himself, "This is embarrassing." The hint of annoyance in his voice was palpable.

Hmph! I huffed inwardly, a mixture of frustration and stubbornness bubbling within me. Little did I know, this encounter was just the beginning of a series of unexpected twists and turns that would test not only our patience but also our growing connection in ways we never imagined.

Just as he parts his lips to talk, loud noises of shooting erupt inside the building. I hear gun shots and loud thud from door breaching.

Without hesitation, Ash seizes my hand and pulls me along, his grip firm and urgent. We race up the stairs, the chaotic symphony of violence driving us forward. He leads me to a hidden chamber, a sanctuary amidst the chaos, and instructs me sternly, "Stay hidden until I give the signal."

"Don't come out until I call you" Just as he commands and tries to leave, I hug him tightly.

But as he turns to leave, I can't help but cling to him, my fear obvious. "I'm scared" Fear of death creeps inside me. Even though this guy is not the most romantic the thought of being a widow is scarier and who will pamper me with gifts if he's gone?

As he secures the door, the noise of danger outside intensifies. "Keep silent," he murmurs into my ear, his presence a reassuring anchor in the suffocating darkness of our hiding place. It's cramped, the space barely accommodating both of us, our bodies pressed together in an intimate embrace of fear and uncertainty.

"It's so hot" I whisper, feeling the beads of sweat on my skin. Ash tenderly wipes them away, his touch a soothing balm to my frayed nerves. "There is not duct here for safety. Just breathe slowly," he advises, his voice a calming rhythm against the chaos outside. "I'm here."

He squeezes my shoulders lightly. I can't see his face or read his expression, it's so dark in here. I am an avid Call Of Duty Mobile player. But this is reality, it's scary.

The footsteps draw nearer, our grip on each other tightening in unspoken solidarity. I gulp slowly. The footsteps stop right Infront of the room. It stays silent for a while.

SHOOT!

Suddenly, a gunshot shatters the silence, followed by a sickening thud. I stifle a gasp, fearing the worst. He is..dead?

A series of coded knocks on the door startles us, and Ash moves to open it, but my instinct kicks in, my hand clutching his, eyes wide with dread. "Wait, don't open. There could be bad people" I whisper urgently clutching into his shirt and tears welling up in my eyes.

"It's a signal from my colleague," he explains, his voice a blend of relief and concern. "It's safe now." He opens the door to reveal fellow officers, their eyes conveying the shared understanding of the ordeal.

As Ash turns to me, his expression unreadable in the dim light, his thumb brushes away my tears with a gentle touch. I lower my gaze, catching sight of crimson stains on the floor beneath us. A sudden rush of panic tightens my chest and everything goes black all of a sudden.

xxxx

Author's note: 

As the chapter ends, I'd like to clarify that I don't know German, and Google Translate was used for accuracy in depicting certain elements of this story. This is a fictional plot, and I have no intention of offending any communities.

Thank You <3