11

Aria pov:

"Aria, we need to talk... about parting ways," Asher's words hit me like a sudden gust of wind, knocking the breath out of my lungs. I stumbled backward, my mind reeling with shock and disbelief.

For a moment, everything around me blurred as I tried to grasp the weight of Asher's statement. Parting ways? The phrase echoed in my mind, sending a chill down my spine. It felt like the ground had shifted beneath my feet, leaving me unsteady and disoriented.

I struggled to find my voice, my thoughts racing in a frantic attempt to comprehend what Asher was saying. The familiar routine of our relationship seemed to unravel in an instant, and I felt a sense of panic rising within me.

As the reality of his words sank in, my heart clenched with a mixture of fear and sadness. Parting ways meant so much more than just a change in our routine; it meant a potential loss, a separation that I hadn't even considered.

I fought to steady my breathing, to calm the storm of emotions raging inside me. But the uncertainty hung heavy in the air, casting a shadow over everything we had built together. What would this conversation mean for us?

"Aria, Aria! Look at me!" Asher's urgent voice jolted me out of my swirling thoughts. Blinking back tears, I turned to face him, my vision blurred with emotion. His hands gripped my shoulders gently but firmly, anchoring me in the present.

"I meant parting from our peaceful life here and going somewhere else," he clarified, his words cutting through the confusion like a beacon of clarity. Relief flooded through me, and a sob escaped my lips uncontrollably. Without hesitation, I threw myself into his arms, seeking solace in his embrace.

I buried my face in the soft fabric of his white shirt, uncaring of the tears and makeup staining the fabric. Each breath hitched with the weight of the emotions I had been holding back, and I sobbed against him, releasing all the pent-up fear and anxiety.

"I'm sorry. I should have been clear," Asher's voice carried a note of sadness and regret as he tightened his embrace, his hand gently patting my back in a soothing rhythm.

Xxxx

The clock ticked past midnight, casting a dim glow in our bedroom as I sat on the edge of our bed. Asher, with an early office day looming ahead, stood beside me, his silent plea for forgiveness hanging heavy in the air.

"Please forgive me?" His voice was barely a whisper, tinged with remorse and regret.

I turned to face him, my expression stern and unwavering. "No, Asher. I am not going to forgive you. What you did was unacceptable. Playing with my heart and feelings is not right," I stated firmly, my gaze fixed on a spot on the wall, avoiding his pleading eyes.

"I know, Aria. And I'm sorry for that. I shouldn't have ignored you. It's my fault. I should have been a better husband," Asher's voice carried the weight of his admission, his eyes reflecting a mix of guilt and sincerity. "But I really had my reasons. As for today's misunderstanding, sorry. I should have been careful. I also want to apologize for doubting you."

His hand gently reached for mine, holding it with a warmth that contrasted the coolness of the night. Despite my resolve, his touch softened me slightly, stirring a conflicted whirlwind of emotions within me.

"You thought that I was cheating on you?!" I gasped, the horror evident in my tone. "If it's anyone, I should have thought so! But, no. I chose to believe you," I exclaimed, a mix of disbelief and hurt coloring my words.

Asher sighed, shaking his head slightly. "Not cheating. Wait, let's talk this out? Shall we?" His calm demeanor and genuine smile were a stark contrast to the tension in the room, inviting a conversation that could potentially mend the fractures in our relationship. Climbing onto the bed beside me, he continued to hold my hands, his touch a silent reassurance of his desire to resolve the conflict.

"Remember Vanessa stalking us back at our honeymoon?" Asher's voice broke through the silence, pulling me from my thoughts. I turned to look at him, only to find his face mere inches away from mine. The soft glow of the bedside lamp highlighted his features, casting a warm aura around us. My eyes flickered between his plump lips, looking so inviting, and his sincere gaze.

Choosing to focus on his eyes, I nodded, silently urging him to continue with my gaze.

"She was trying to find the real culprit. Someone is plotting against me," Asher explained, his voice tinged with concern. "The day she came to find me in the hotel, there was an important meeting regarding this. But you were more important to me than any meeting, more than my life. So, I chose to spend the day with you," he confessed, a warm feeling spreading through my heart at his words.

"I and Vanessa thought the culprit was you. I'm sorry," Asher's apology was genuine, his eyes reflecting regret. "Because somehow all the intel was leaking. That's why I avoided you in the beginning and never shared anything, because I didn't trust you. But apparently, it's not you because we found that even before we got married, the intel has been leaking."

The weight of his words settled in, a mix of relief and realization washing over me. Despite the initial distrust and misunderstandings, there was an underlying trust and love that had brought us through the challenges. The revelation brought a sense of clarity, connecting the dots of past suspicions and uncertainties.

xxxx

A/N: Hope you guys liked this chapter. Vote and comment <3