6

The anticipation had been building up for days, and finally, we arrived at the majestic mountains, covered in a blanket of pristine snow. As we stepped out of the vehicle, my excitement bubbled over, making my heart race with joy. It was my first time seeing snow, let alone playing in it, and the sheer novelty of the experience filled me with childlike wonder.

"Ahhhhhh!" I exclaimed with uncontainable glee as I jumped into the soft, powdery snow, feeling its chill against my skin but reveling in the exhilarating sensation of being surrounded by such natural beauty.

But the adventure didn't stop there. I had also been eager to try the cable cars, drawn to the promise of a breathtaking view from high above the snow-covered landscape. As I approached the cable car station, the sight of the winding queues greeted me, a mix of excitement and impatience bubbling within me.

"Such a beautiful view, so calm and so crowded," I mused with a hint of humor, noting the juxtaposition of the tranquil scenery and the bustling activity of the tourists.

Determined not to let the long queues dampen my spirits, I entertained myself with snowball fights, snow angels, and exploring the winter wonderland around me for several blissful hours. The crisp mountain air and the laughter echoing around me added to the thrill of the moment.

Eventually, my curiosity and desire for adventure led me back to the cable car station. I eyed the queues, assessing my options. There were two lines—one for regular visitors and another for those with determination and civil services privileges. I couldn't help but grin as I realized that Ash, with his connections, could get us a 50% discount and a shortcut through the empty VIP line.

"This is going to be epic!" I thought to myself, excitement coursing through my veins as I eagerly waited for Ash to work his magic and whisk us away on a thrilling cable car ride with stunning views awaiting us at the summit.

As I trudged through the pristine snow, my eyes caught sight of him, laughing and chatting intimately with that woman against the backdrop of the serene, snow-covered mountain. They seemed oblivious to the icy chill that gripped my heart.

"Who is that girl? Why is he laughing with her?" The questions echoed in my mind, mingling with the cold mountain air, a sharp contrast to the warmth I craved.

Summoning a facade of sweetness, I approached them, calling out to him with a forced cheeriness that felt out of place in the frigid landscape. "Babyyy," I said, trying to mask the ache in my chest as I reached for his hand.

"Did you miss me?" My voice held a hint of desperation, hoping against hope for a reassuring response amidst the biting cold.

"Eh, no—" His casual dismissal cut through me like a bitter gust of wind, leaving me feeling exposed and vulnerable in the harsh winter terrain.

Before I could stop myself, a surge of frustration led me to pinch his arm, a futile attempt to bridge the emotional distance that had grown between us. "Ouch—stop!" His sharp command mirrored the frostiness in his gaze, leaving me reeling with a mix of hurt and anger.

Stupid dick, I mumble to myself.

Amidst the snowy silence, her laughter pierced through the stillness like shards of ice.

"Oh My God, your sister looks so cute. Amanda, right? Hi, I'm his colleague, Vanessa." Her smile, though forced, seemed to mock the vulnerability I felt in that moment, a stark contrast to the pristine beauty of the snow-laden surroundings.

Vanessa. The name felt foreign yet hauntingly familiar, a reminder of the intruder in our fragile moment amidst nature's grandeur.

"Hi. I am his wife, and I do not like you. Know your boundaries," I retorted, my words sharper than icicles, laced with a bitterness born of jealousy and insecurity.

The mountain seemed to hold its breath as Vanessa's smile faltered, her eyes betraying a mix of surprise and annoyance. I stood my ground, my resolve as firm as the frozen ground beneath my feet, refusing to let her intrusion go unchallenged.

"Aria—" His attempt to diffuse the tension was met with my sharp interruption. "It's ladies' business," I declared, the cold air carrying the weight of unspoken grievances and unaddressed emotions.

The ensuing silence was deafening, the mountain's icy embrace intensifying the palpable tension between us. Each second felt like an eternity of unspoken accusations and unresolved conflicts, the snowflakes swirling around us like a silent witness to our fractured relationship.

"Took her 3 business days," I muttered bitterly to myself, feeling the sting of disappointment and betrayal cut through the frosty air, mirroring the chill in my heart.

"Aria-"

As I stormed off, the anger simmering inside me threatened to boil over. How could he be all smiles and warmth with his 'colleague' while treating me like I was invisible, like I didn't matter? It was a slap in the face, a bitter realization of where I stood in his priorities.

I turned around, expecting him to follow, to chase after me and make things right. But he remained static, unmoved by my departure, his indifference cutting deeper than any words could.

"Argh!" I exclaimed in frustration, throwing up my hands in annoyance before marching back towards him, determined to demand an explanation for his callous behavior.

"Why won't—" I began, only to be abruptly cut off by his sharp, biting words.

"Shut up, Aria!" His snap was like a verbal slap, leaving me shaken and speechless, the shock of his hostility reverberating through me.

Shook.

The silence that followed was heavy with unspoken accusations and hurt, the tension between us thick enough to suffocate.

"That is no way to talk to me in front of my colleague," he continued, his tone laced with anger and condescension. "And you do not talk with her like that. What's wrong with you?"

His words hit me like a barrage of arrows, each one piercing through the facade of love and respect I had clung to, leaving me exposed and vulnerable.

"And, no. I am not coming anywhere with you anymore. You embarrass me," he declared, his words a final blow to my already wounded heart.

Heartbreak.

As he stormed off, leaving me standing there, tears welled up in my eyes, a mix of hurt and betrayal flooding my senses.

"I hate you," I whispered to myself, the words a bitter taste on my tongue as I struggled to hold back the sobs threatening to consume me. In that moment, amidst the snowy mountain solitude, I felt the crushing weight of heartbreak settle in, a cold numbness spreading through me as I realized the depth of his cruelty.

xxxx

Hope you liked this chapter. Vote and comment <3