14

Aria's pov:

Ugh, can I just say how much I detest these big ass events? It's like a nightmare for someone who prefers cozy gatherings. And guess where Asher decides to whisk me off to? The pre-event for the Annual Police Adventure Challenge, where the room is buzzing with cops and their significant others.

As they drone on about safety protocols and obstacle courses, I'm mentally checking out, trying to stay polite while secretly wishing for an escape route. It's a symphony of uniforms and paperwork, and I'm feeling like a fish out of water in this sea of law enforcement chatter. How did I end up here, surrounded by this much enthusiasm for adventure challenges and regulations?

In the midst of the bustling event, I'm suddenly jarred by a screeching voice dripping with seduction. It's a brunette with a tight bun and a cop uniform, shamelessly purring Asher's name as she latches onto his arm like an insect. I can feel the jealousy bubbling up inside me as he curses under his breath, clearly uncomfortable with her forwardness.

"Please help," he whispers to me, and am I feeling jealous? Yes. So, I did what any girl would do. Without missing a beat, I channel my inner seductress.

"Baaaaby," I purr at him, watching his eyes widen in surprise as he stares at me, clearly caught off guard.

I then turn my attention to the intruder, asking with a pout, "Who is this bitch?" My protective instincts kick in, and I'm ready to defend my territory.

If she is gonna be the drama, Imma be her director.

The trick seems to work, she immediately removes her arms from his arms and gets ready to fight with me.

The woman, pretending to be gentle in front of Ash, asks, "Who are you?"

I don't miss a beat, replying with a touch of sass, "Oh, I'm just the ray of sunshine that brightens up Asher's life. And who might you be, the storm cloud trying to rain on my parade?"

I notice her name tag reads 'Madison,' and her face flushes red in anger.

Before the tension escalates further, Asher excuses himself with a call, leaving us alone. I crack my knuckles mentally, ready to confront this unwanted attention.

Aight, time to bring out some sass and kick some ass.

"Where are you from? Fairytale?" Madison rolls her eyes, clearly oblivious to our marital status.

"Madison, sorry if my happiness blinds you. Maybe you need some sunglasses for all that shade you're throwing," I retort with a fake smile, not about to let her get under my skin.

She starts to respond, but Asher interrupts, looking annoyed. "All good?" he asks, clearly sensing the tension.

"Why yes, baby," I reply, giving him a grin and wrapping my arms around his neck, facing him. He chuckles, and I don't care if he teases me later about the display of possessiveness.

"Good to know that my dear wife is enjoying. Hate to break it to ya, gotta steal my girl now though," he says to Madison, who looks shocked into silence.

We leave her gaping, heading somewhere more private to talk, leaving behind the drama and jealousy of the encounter.

As Asher and I stand there, the excitement of the upcoming game still fresh in our minds, I can't help but ask, "All good?"

His expression shifts, a hint of worry clouding his features. "Not really. Mom wants us to come home for two days tomorrow."

My heart sinks a bit at the timing. "But, the game is in two days. We need to practice," I protest, knowing how crucial these last-minute sessions are.

"I know," he replies, his frown deepening. "She says it's some tradition, something."

Ah, the complexities of superstitions, myths, and traditions. They're like unyielding walls that even the strongest arguments can't breach. I nod understandingly, knowing that going against his mom's wishes isn't an option we can entertain.

As Asher and I exchange worried glances, the reality of our sudden departure sinks in. We rush to pack our clothes, throwing essentials into our suitcases with hasty precision. I grab his favorite shirt, knowing it'll help lift his spirits amidst the chaos.

"Did you remember to get gifts for everyone?" I ask, mentally listing the items we need to buy before our flight. "And we can't forget chocolates; we can't go empty-handed."

He nods, already on top of the list. "Got it covered. I'll grab some last-minute chocolates from the store downstairs."

As we race against time, I can't help but check the flight ticket prices on my phone. The numbers flash in front of me, a reminder of the financial strain of these sudden trips. But family traditions hold a weight that transcends mere numbers on a screen.

As we board the flight, Asher and I immediately lock eyes on the window seat. It's a silent battle we've waged before. As we approach our seats, Asher's eyes light up with a mischievous glint, and he leans in closer, his voice filled with flirtation. "You know, Aria," he begins, his tone teasing yet sincere, "window seats are reserved for the luckiest of travellers. And I must be the luckiest guy in the world because I get to sit next to you."

I can't help but laugh at his charming antics, a warm feeling spreading through me. "Smooth, Asher. Very smooth. But luck has nothing to do with it; it's all about strategy."

He grins, leaning even closer as if sharing a secret. "Ah, but strategy is just another word for charm, and you, my dear, have plenty of that."

I playfully roll my eyes, trying to hide the smile tugging at my lips. "Flattery will get you nowhere, Asher."

He chuckles, the sound sending a pleasant shiver down my spine. "Oh, but it's worth a try, especially when it comes to winning the best seat in the house."

The air hostess, passing by, catches snippets of our banter and chuckles. "You two are adorable," she remarks with a knowing smile before continuing down the aisle.

With a shared grin, Asher and I settle into our seats, the playful banter adding a touch of excitement to our journey. As I steal glances at him throughout the flight, I can't help but appreciate his flirty charm and the way he always manages to make even a simple window seat dispute feel like a romantic adventure.

Despite already being seated, he leans over with a seductive smile and whispers, "You know, Aria, I can't help but feel that I'd have an even better view if I were sitting next to you."

I raise an eyebrow, trying to suppress a smile at his persistence. "Nice try, Asher. But I think we've already established that the window seat is mine today."

He leans in closer, his voice dropping to a husky tone. "But imagine the possibilities, Aria. We could share secrets, steal glances, and create our own little world right here."

I chuckle, feeling the warmth of his words despite my playful resistance. "As tempting as that sounds, I think I'll stick to my solo flight experience this time."

He pouts playfully, his eyes sparkling with mischief. "Well, if you change your mind, you know where to find me."

The flight attendant passes by again, catching snippets of our flirtatious exchange and shaking her head with a smile. "You two are something else," she remarks before moving on.

xxxx

A/N: Hope you guys liked this chapter. Vote and comment!