5

In case you guys were worried since my husband wasn't, I fainted earlier because I'm a bit claustrophobic and I'm scared of blood. He just called me, weak-hearted.

Pfft, men. 

Apparently, the people who tried to shoot us were ex-cops who were fired because of their illegal activities and something. He wouldn't tell me anything properly. I eavesdropped. Hehe.

We are on our way to Switzerland via the EuroCity train. It is the scenic train route that passes, the countryside, Alps and meadows.

"I want the window seat" He has urged me to move ever since I rushed to get this side. Aren't partners supposed to give up their seats? Like husband to wife, not the other way.

"No, I want to enjoy the view" I say. The seats are arranged in such a way that 2 seats-2 seats facing eachother. His sister, Amanda, and her husband, Cole, is in our opposite. Cole caught the window view seat for his wife. But, my husband here is fighting with me for the seat. How pathetic!

"You can enjoy the view from here. The window is wide enough." He argues back. He wants the window seat because he needs to keep an eye for "safety". I bet he is just bluffing to get the window seat. Liar.

"You also watch out for safety from there itself" I shot back at him. We keep glaring at each other.

"Eh, why don't you take my seat, Asher?" Amanda, his sister, suggests.

"Yea-"

"No, Amanda. Thanks though. Your sister is thousand times better than you. You lucked out with this, Cole" I quipped, feigning a melodramatic sigh for added effect.

Asher rolls his eyes and mutters something incoherent under his breathe. The scenery was too beautiful. I take a lot of pictures to post them on my Instagram. I forgot to take a picture of myself. If I ask that Asher, he'll roast me for sure. But I don't have any choice since others are sleeping. I turn to face Ash.

"Can you-"

SNORE!

Blinking surprise, I couldn't hold back a laugh at my husband's sudden nap. Ash is sleeping; too much for safety. I'll probably prank him saying someone stole my watch when he wakes up.

As the train glided through the scenic landscapes, the setting sun cast a warm, golden glow into the cabin, illuminating Ash's features in a breathtaking display. The sunbeams danced across his sharp jawline and defined his chiselled face, accentuating his rugged yet undeniably handsome appearance. I couldn't deny the allure of his looks, the way his features seemed carved by the hands of an artist, drawing my gaze despite my best efforts to remain indifferent.

But amidst the mesmerizing sight, a voice in my head argued, "He's just a man, after all. What's a man without love?" I tried to convince myself that his attractiveness was merely surface-level, that I was unaffected by his charm. Yet, as I watched him sleep peacefully, his defences down and his expression softened, I couldn't help but feel a flutter of emotions stirring within me.

The gentle rise and fall of his chest, the way his hair fell in disarray across his forehead, the faint hint of a smile playing on his lips—all of it tugged at my heartstrings despite my attempts to resist. I should stop watching too much Korean and Chinese dramas.

Xxxx

We arrive at Zurich. The climate here is cold since it's Winter. As I stepped into the lobby of the Moonlit Peak Hotel, a sense of awe washed over me. Nestled on the edge of a cliff overlooking the shimmering Lake Zurich, this gem was a vision of luxury and seclusion. The architecture was a blend of modern design and classic Swiss chalet charm, with large windows that framed the breathtaking views outside.

The reception area exuded elegance, adorned with artworks by local artists and plush seating areas that invited guests to unwind. As I checked in, the friendly staff greeted me with warm smiles, making me feel instantly welcome.

Escorted to my room, I marvelled at the spaciousness and attention to detail. The decor was a tasteful mix of contemporary furnishings and cozy elements like plush rugs and soft lighting. A large balcony beckoned me outside, offering panoramic views of the lake glittering under the moonlight.

Leaving all the bustling hotels, we booked ourselves an isolated hotel with a view. The others are staying inside the city to give "privacy for the newly wedded". Dirty thoughts. SMH. I'm pretty sure this hotel is close to Asher's mission. Or maybe, this hotel itself is a secret agent's accommodation cum hang-out spot. Woah! Now, now, that's interesting. Maybe if I roam around, I can find out stuffs. Hehe.

"Don't roam around unnecessarily. It's dangerous. And do not stalk me again." Just on cue, Asher warns me.

"Believe me, if I had the time to stalk anyone, I'd probably choose a more interesting subject. And I wouldn't dream of stalking you, Mr. Cop. I have far more thrilling hobbies than following you around." I give a fake smile with a sarcastic reply. His face remains- empty.

Asher raises an eyebrow, "Thrilling hobbies, huh? Like what, making trouble?".

"Oh, you know me too well, Mr. Cold Cop. Making trouble is my middle name."

"I'm serious, Aria. Stay out of trouble. And stop with the sarcasm." Asher says seriously.

"But where's the fun in that? It's like Tom without Jerry or Batman without the Joker. We need that back-and-forth banter to keep things interesting."

"You just don't know when to quit, do you?" Asher sighs.

"Quit? That's not in my vocabulary, Mr. Coldheart. Besides, you secretly enjoy our little game of cat and mouse." I grin.

"You wish." He smirks. Stupid guy with stupid smirk and his stupid sexy face.

I just hmph him and go to get ready for bed. Then, I remember the little prank I planned for him, to pretend to have lost my watch.

"Have you seen my watch? I think I've lost it on the train." I fake distress, trying to hold back a grin.

"Oh, really? Your watch mysteriously disappeared while I was 'watching out for safety'?" He smirks, knowingly.

"Um, yeah. I must have dropped it somewhere." I reply, trying to keep up the act.

"Well, we better start a full investigation. No stone left unturned until we find that missing watch." He plays along.

"You're too good at this, Asher. I almost had you going." I giggle.

"Almost. But you forget, I'm the Cop here. I know a good prank when I see one." He shrugs, his gaze locking with mine in a way that made my heart skip.

"Pfft. You got me. I thought I could pull one over on you." I say, defeated.

"Nice try, but you'll have to up your game if you want to prank a cop." He teased.

"Aw, you're no fun." I pout.

"Oh, But I am your fun." He winks making me blush.

I wonder,if he knows the effect he has on me or if it's simply unintentional? Either way, I can't deny the tingles. Uff. He is a coldass and a flirty cop.

xxxx

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Vote and comment <3