015

☁️〰✩° You make me feel loved。 ⋆⸜ 🎧

★ᴗ★

WEEKS had passed over and eventually Judidia's grandpa's funeral arrived. The ceremony would take place in just an hour and thirty minutes, but Judidia felt out of place. She didn't like how black looked on her, how her face was shaped. She hated how she looked because she felt she didn't represent him well. He deserved better. Tears shaped her cheeks, causing makeup to smudge with markings.

"Judi— mom says it's— time.." Alex called out. She was quick to fix herself up with a few wipes. A frown eased its grip on Alex's face as he walked towards her. His thumb rubbed her eyes, "Oh...Judi... it's okay, want me to go...get Malachi? Or do you need a second?"

"I'm— I'm fine," Judi assured with a smile. "Let me fix my makeup and then I'll be down." Alex nodded, kissing her forehead before leaving her to finish up.

For a good few seconds Judidia scolded herself for crying, then she grabbed her things and headed for the car. It was silent with just the hums of the car engine working and the air conditioner churning.

"Love, Malachi will be a little late. So he'll probably meet us after your speech or between it...will you be alright?" Her mother beckoned over her shoulder. Judidia feels numb, just nodding in response without a thought.

Judidia sighs, feeling the wind and rain pepper her face as she walks towards the funeral group. She watches from a corner, staring down at her phone as aunts and uncles look to her for closure. Really they looked to her to feel ok for themselves, a comfort that if Judidia can handle it they can.

Her dad rounds her up into a corner where they were seated. The priest sighs. His words blur out, just shallow lips moving around. Soon she snaps back into consciousness as her dad lets her go to the stand for her speech.

"Thanks for letting me be the one to talk. He used to— he used to say that luck was a special thing. Sometimes bad things happen that'll lead us to the good world. Kinda crazy to think that this is a bad thing, could never imagine it getting better," Judidia sniffs. She doesn't realize she started crying, she just did. Her brown eyes look forward at the crowd before coughing, "I miss him everyday. Just— hate the fact that I know he's looking down at us and just. He's proud, but it hurts. Everyday it hurts, I remember he gave me a coin once...still have it. That's— that's all I have to say.."

A few small applauses leave the crowd before returning to the crowd of talking hispanics. Judidia sits down, scrolling through another few messages before tensing at the touch of cold shoulder, "You did great, Dia."

★ᴗ★

MEY NOTES
M tired. Let me sleep. Actually struggling to get this chapter out. Wanted to do a frackin crime scene