this is a big world, that was a small town

"I'm not a princess, this ain't a fairytale. I'm gonna find someone someday, who might actually treat me well,"

I erased all the thoughts about the possibility of Faye coming back into my life. What had happen that day, maybe it was to send me a sign that it was all over. It was to remind me of who I am now, what I have been through, and who I am with right now. And that's all that matters the most, Engfa. The one who's patiently waiting for me, the one who never made me feel like I am that easy to let go, that I am her world and the one who always remind me how worthy I am.

The one who always made me feel loved and appreciated.

"We're going to rehears now," said Engfa on the other side of the call, "I'll call you after we rehearsed, maybe 7pm?"

I chuckled, "You know you can call whenever you had free time, call me when it's convenient for you,"

"I'll call you at 7pm," I can hear her laughing. I shook my head at her playfulness. "Bye, Beautiful."

And I hang up the call.

One thing I like about Engfa was her a-woman-of-her-word personality. Ones she said something and promised something, she'll do it. So, when she said she'd call me at 7pm, she'll call me exactly 7pm. She never made me wait.

I went to text my mom that I am almost at the place where she asked me to go. I crossed the street to meet my mom inside a grocery store, not paying attention to my surroundings, my attention was still on my phone. I paid no mind since I was walking on a pedestrian lane.

While I'm in the middle of the pedestrian lane, I heard a very loud honk, I raised my eyes to look for the origin of the sound and my eyes went wide. There was a motorcycle approaching my direction. I raised my hand to cover my face, readying myself for the impact. And there goes nothing.

I slowly opened my eyes and went to check myself for wounds and bruises, but there were none. I was relieved, but my heart was still beating wild.

I looked at the driver of the motorcycle to give them a piece of my mind. How come they're driving a luxurious, good looking motorcycle but doesn't know how to slow down on a pedestrian lane?

But when I looked at the driver, I was stunned.

Life really has a funny way of always trying to fuck me over.

It was Faye. Frozen in her tracks... again.

She's holding her motorcycle helmet with her two hands, probably not expecting to see me again.

I didn't know she owned a motorcycle, maybe it's new. God, she looked good on that black leather jacket.

"Next time, learn how to focus on the street. Seem like your eyes were not on the road since you didn't see me crossing the pedestrian lane, Ma'am." I said to her, avoiding her gaze. I tried to give her my best cold voice.

I can still feel her staring at me despite me avoiding her gaze. I wouldn't want to drown into that beautiful eyes again, now that I can avoid it.

I went to fix myself, I straightened my dress with my palm and attempted to continue walking. I've walked 4 steps away from her when she said something that made me stop, frozen in my tracks.