the way i loved you

Yoko's POV:

"Make sure to get your happy ending." was the last thing Engfa said to her before going to the check-in counter. I watched Engfa as she finally disappeared through a crowd of people.

"Yoko," Faye's voice was soft, and barely above whisper. I was surprised I was able to hear it despite the unending clamour of the passengers. "What are you-" she attempted to start but I beat her to it.

"You're leaving me," I started, my eyes were boring holes on her face while she averted her gaze, and suddenly found her feet rather entertaining as she focused her gaze on it. "You're leaving me again. I can't believe you," my voice carried a hint of hurt and anger.

She looked up, finally facing me head on. A glint of something was on her eyes. Confusion, guilt, and uncertainty.

"You never cease to hurt my feelings, you know that? You're always proving to me that you're just all talk, you never act! Why are you always like this?!" I shouted at her, my emotions were raging. I almost lost her again.

"Yoko, I-" she attempted to speak once again but went interrupted for the second time.

"No, you don't get to fucking talk unless I am finished." I said with a sharp tone, she immediately shut her mouth, her gaze finding the floor once again.

"When I first met you, my friends told me to not get too close to you 'cause you screamed trouble. You're literally a walking red flag, that's what they say. And I knew all of those are true. I should've listened to them when they told me to run. I should've listened to my instincts when it told me you're no good for me, that you'll just hurt me. I should've known better when you made all of your empty promises and I should've known that you'd just break me like what you did to them. But we don't choose who we fall in love with. It just happens, right?"

I took a slow, deliberate step towards her. My eyes were blurry as tears started to form once again in them. But I know my way to her like the back of my hand. I know it all too well. Maybe that's why I kept coming back. Because no matter which road I choose to take, no matter how hard I try to change my paths, my feet will always bring me back to her. Because that's where I belong. Because she is, and always has been my home.

"I turned a blind eye on all of those because despite all of that, you once made me the happiest girl in the world. You made me see colors which I can't see with anyone else. And so in exchange, I gave my everything to you, I gave it all until nothing was left for me. Do you hear me? Nothing was left for me because I gave my everything to you! I am nothing without you. I've been nothing without you. So how dare you try to leave me again? You're so selfish!"

It seem like everyone in the airport had gone invisible, as I couldn't see nobody but her. Her eyes now glimmering with unshed tears. Her lips quivered so she bit her bottom lip to mask it. Her cheeks were slowly turning red for unknown reason. I saw her took a deep breath, averting her gaze from me for a moment before looking at me again.

"When I met Engfa, I thought I was going to have a second chance at love. A pure and healthy one this time. Engfa was great. Much much greater than you, to be honest. She's sensible and incredible. And I never heard my friends say to me that I should avoid her because she's a red flag, instead, they'd told me they were jealous of me because I have Engfa. She never said anything hurtful to me, she never made me wait, she fulfilled all of her promises, and I couldn't ask for anything better. I felt something again for the first time in a long time. I felt loved, I felt appreciated, I felt cared for. But yet, I couldn't get myself to love her. I didn't know why, so I tried to compare you to her. But in doing so, instead of my heart learning how to love Engfa, it chose to remain loyal to you."