Chapter 8: Party Time

*Rachel's POV*

"Are all of the decorations up?" my mom asked the people who we hired to decorate the party room.

"Yup, pretty sure." one of the guys nodded as he was getting off of his ladder. There was about 10 people decorating the room. 5 of them were guys and 5 were women.

"Do you like it?" a short brunette asked as she walked up to my mom and I. I scanned the room once more. It was better than I could've ever imagined it. It was just awesome.

They put black wallpaper around the walls that had neon specks plastered across it, which reflected nicely off of the black lights that hung from the ceiling. There was neon strands everywhere and the tables had white table cloth on them with glowing table decor.

The rug was black with neon swirls on them, which again, reflected nicely off of the black lights. There was also neon colored lights out lining the perimeter of the floor and neon balloons everywhere. In the center of the room was a dance floor, with a table with a laptop and huge speakers next to it and a neon disco ball thingy hanging from the ceiling as well.

There was a row of long tables full of food. There was a chocolate fountain and a really big ice cream cake that said "Happy Birthday Rachel" on it. All my favorite food was set nicely on it. It was so beautiful, that I just wanted to cry.

"Like it....? I LOVE IT!!!!!" I squealed gawking at everything in front of me. "OH MY GOSH!!!! IT IS AWESOME!" I turned around and gave the lady a gigantic bear hug and kissed my mom's cheek.

"Glad you like it sweetheart! Now, when are the guests coming?" my mom asked as she looked at her watch.

"7:00." I answered looking at my phone. It was 6:45, so people should be arriving soon.

****

The music blasted on the stereo. I love the song it was playing!! Well, actually, the DJ is playing my playlist. The song "Sugar" by Maroon 5 is echoing throughout the room. There is over 100 teens here. My mom left the place to go on a date with dad. No wonder she was full on supportive for this party.

"Rach, this party is awesome!" A brunette squealed. "This party is totes awesome!" another girl complemented with a huge grin.

"Thanks!" I gave them both a smile in return. They soon walked away and went to a crowd of boys and a couple other girls.

I went over to one of the tables and sat down and observed the other people dancing. I took a sip of my glass of punch. Quite a few other people walked passed me and thanked me for the party and how it was awesome.

"Rachel, this is awesome!" I heard a squeaky voice behind me. I turned around and grinned.

"Evelyn! You finally made it!" I squealed giving her a humungous bear hug. When we pulled away she handed me a card. "Oh, thank you!" I gave her another hug.

I went to a table where all of my gifts were. I feel kind of bad that all of this is mine.....I am just so tempted to give it all back. I sat the card on the table. I turned and faced Evelyn, "I'll open it as soon as I get home."

She smile and nodded, "I want to dance! Come dance with me!" I tried to protest, but she didn't listened. She grabbed me over to the dance floor where the crowd was. She started swaying her hips while I just stood there stiff.

I finally started getting into the music, but Evelyn on the other hand, was busting some moves. It felt a little awkward because I am not even half as good of a dancer as she is. She actually joined the dancing club at school. Whenever a song from Just Dance came on, she would actually do the moves from the game. Like how could she even remember all of those moves?!