Epilogue

The world took a huge turn in a fortnight. Haoran was most pleased at the change. He came back alive with the help of his sacred deal. It cost him his sanity for days, but he was satisfied. None of the souls from the spiritual world dared defy him, and his words were their law. Of course, when he resumed his duties as the royal child, Haoran had more responsibilities to bear, including the idea that his father had sent an official decree that he was the next in line and would rule alongside him. Haoran was announced victorious in one of his latest wars when he freed the bodies of the kingdom's dead generals from almost thirty years ago. It was still a miracle to the people that their bodies were well preserved, but Haoran knew it was something only the spiritual world would understand.

As promised by his so-called brother whom even the Emperor knew nothing about, Haoran gained the upper hand in the spiritual world and allowed his goals to be wholly aligned. Some spirits made their peace as Haoran offered them a quick passage for rebirth. Those who had provided him with services during his search for the An family were offered extra. With the power he held, Haoran was able to defy the natural law once in a while. He even performed the most dangerous offer by washing their deadly sins into the Crying River. Everything came to a calm end for him, but Haoran still had his wonders about where Ailun had gone after he caught his mother's soul. Haoran had plans even his father knew nothing of because the emperor wanted him to live freely and happily. But, how could he live freely if the murderer was not being punished?

Scholar Tang finally decided to reside in the other world, guiding spirits that made their way to the afterlife. It made a balance. Him, bringing all the evil spirits to his door while Uncle Tang would be able to make more space for those who did well. As Haoran sat under the tavern at his palace, he smiled at the sight of the sun. Waving his hands in the air, he could see the trace of magic that had a hint of black and purple, reminding him that he wasn't fully human since the event. He refused to bring this matter to his father since even the Emperor did not know about his deals or even him, being a murderer. Needless to say, Haoran was satisfied when he managed to destroy Aihan's magical powers the minute he was awake. He watched happily as she exploded into dusts and even then, Haoran made sure to keep the ashes in an urn and tossed them into the fiery pits of Hell to destroy her soul altogether.

"Sire," a voice whispered next to him as the head of a spirit with covered black cloth popped out in the open air. "We need your assistance here in this world. Do you have the time to spare for us?"

"What's the matter?" Haoran questioned, turning to the spirit.

"We have found An Ailun during one of our duties in capturing a wild spirit that was too stubborn to stay," he spoke, sitting on the space next to Haoran. "He is asking for a particular person and it so happened to be you. One of my underlings is in his command and he is demanding a name."

So, fate brought them together again. Haoran stood up, chuckling.

"I am not giving my name away. I want you to temper with his mind. Make it visible that I was murdered by his mother, just as they planned," Haoran laughed.

"The name, Sire?"

"Fergus," Haoran answered. "Let him know that it is Fergus, and if the universe allows, we will meet in the worst circumstances they are." 

Word Count: 645 words 

Cumulative Word Count: 23, 786 words