Chapter 5: You Guys are Adorable

Above is a picture of Quinn Remon :)

Chapter 5: You Guys are Adorable

I'm pretty sure I failed my history test that day, but whatever. I wasn't planning on taking that knowledge with me in life. My future consisted of me playing soccer in college and maybe taking some good English classes. I didn't really have much planned out for me in the future.

"Ella, you're in!" Coach Lavester shouted.

My eyes jumped away from the grass and stared at my coach. "Me?" Coach Lavester never put me in. I was good, but there were plenty of better players on the team. Maybe it had to do with the fact that we were winning 4-0, but still I was going in and I couldn't have been more ecstatic.

"Yes you Branson!" She continued to yell. "Now get in there before I leave Callie in!"

"Yes, Coach!" I shouted and hustled out onto the field. "You're out, Callie," I said to the red head that was currently playing sweeper. She shot me a glare but then ran off the field.

"Go, Branson!" Aspen shouted from the bleachers.

I smiled at his presence. He stayed after his soccer practice and decided to watch me play. At that moment, he was sitting next to my parents, who were more than happy to have him with them.

I waved at him with a huge smile on. It was still a little odd to me that he was hanging around me so much, considering before Saturday we had only talked during soccer events.

"Focus on the field, Ella," Maddison sneered next to me.

I didn't respond to her. If I did, it just would've consisted of her talking forever about how when I'm on the field the soccer ball is the number one focus. Maddison never stopped talking once you said something to her. You always had to say as little as possible around her.

I shook my head and tried to escape the Aspen daydream. I watched as the ball was dribbled down the center of the field by Shannon then was passed off to Taylor. Unfortunately the ball was blocked when Taylor tried to shoot and was sent back down the field. The ball bounced down the grassy field and I watched as it came closer and closer to me. That was my chance. I could have finally showed Coach Lavester that I was worth something to the team.

"Got it!" I shouted and ran toward the ball. The ball was high in the sky and I could barely see it from the blinding sun. Thankfully I caught a glimpse of it for a second before I bounced it off my chest and landed it on the ground.

"Ella!" Taylor called from an open space on the right side. I saw her but knew that my kick wouldn't send it all the way to her. I pointed at her and then dribbled the ball down the center. The opposing team came at me but I dodged them. It felt so great to actually be playing again. I was more than half way down the field.

"Ella!" Taylor called again. I drove my leg back and jump kicked the ball across to her. She was able to run on to the ball and trap it. Her tiny feet traveled the ball closer and closer to the goal. I saw the opposite team's sweeper run to her.

"Man on!" Everyone on the team yelled. She looked up and quickly kicked the ball to the side and faked out the player. Finally, she was in the clear. Her leg swung back and jammed the ball toward the goal. The goalie jumped to catch the ball but it grazed her fingers and landed in the back of the net.

Everyone on and off the field roared.

"That's my girl!" I heard from the sideline. Everything inside me fluttered.

I turned to smile at Aspen, but it wasn't him who had shouted to me.

In front of him was Caleb who was standing with a goofy grin on. I smiled at him and waved. He blew a kiss, which I returned.