Chapter 11: I Need a Break

This Chapter is dedicated to the awesome @lovelywriter14 Not only did she make this amazing cover above but she also watched The Walking Dead, so I love her even more because of that <3 

Chapter 11: I Need a Break 

It was weird, but I wasn't nervous at all for the date. It had seemed that Aspen and I had become friends over the past two weeks, and now we were just going on an outing. The only difference was that it wasn't an outing. It was most certainly a date. 

No. I wasn't going to let some stupid date with a jerk make me nervous. 

That was right. Aspen was a jerk. Wait, why was I even going on a date with him then? 

Before I could change my mind about this date the doorbell rang. Looks like I had to go on the date anyway. 

"Who is it?" Sam said from the top of the staircase.

"Does it matter?" I spat. Sam always needed to know every detail of my life and it got so frustrating sometimes. No. It got frustrating all the time.

"I hope it's not Aspen." She crossed her arms and gave me the stare of death. 

"You'll be happy to know that it is then." I smiled just as I opened the door. 

Aspen looked perfect. He looked like an angel. He was wearing a dark blue button up shirt and  loose jeans, and it just added to his good looks. When Aspen looked at me. he smirked and I noticed a dimple on the right side of his smile. 

"You clean up nicely," I pointed out. I didn't even try to hide myself checking him out. He was definitely looking more than nice. He was HOT. 

"And you always look good," Aspen responded when he checked me over right back. 

It wasn't anything special that I was wearing. A black skater dress covered my petite body and I had a red sweater just in case it got a little chilly. That was highly doubtful though. It hadn't been below 80 degrees for four months now. Living in the south of Florida sucked sometimes. 

"So if I wore a garbage bag to this date, I would still look good?" I joked. 

Aspen moaned. "Stop, you're turning me on just thinking about that." 

"You're disgusting," I giggled and pushed his arm. 

"You guys make me want to throw up on myself," Sam interjected as she pounded down the wooden staircase. 

"Didn't see you there, Sam." Aspen looked away. I noticed some red creeping along his cheeks. 

"I didn't think you guys had plans tonight," Sam said and looked between us. 

"Why should you know if we have plans?" I asked with narrow eyes. 

"Oh you know. I'm just usually in the loop with these kind of things," she said that directly to Aspen who was still refusing to look at her. 

"Sorry if you feel left out," Aspen muttered.

I snorted. Why should Aspen feel bad that my devil of a sister felt left out? 

"Don't worry about me. I actual am going to James' house tonight," Sam said.

"It's about time you hung out with you boyfriend," I mumbled.

"You are?" That caught Aspen's attention. He was looking right at Sam now. 

She smirked at his sudden interest. "Yes I am." She pushed Aspen aside and headed towards our shared car. It wasn't really "shared" between us, though. Sam always somehow got to drive every single day and night.