Chapter 18: Someday My Prince Will Come

The video above is Heartbreak Girl by 5 Seconds of Summer. I think this song perfectly explains how Caleb feels around Ella!

Chapter 18: Someday My Prince Will Come

Caleb's house was one story. His room was right next to the kitchen, which was perfect considering he loved to eat. His backyard was large and consisted of a pool. You would think that all houses in Florida had pools, but unfortunately they did not. My house didn't, so Caleb's house was always the place to be when it was hot out. The house was decorated for Halloween. Cob webs were littered around the palm trees and the gutters. A few spiders hung from the roof. If I was a little kid I would definitely think the spiders were real. His parents mini van wasn't in the driveway, only Caleb's Honda. That was when I remembered it was 11:30, so his parents were working. 

"Welcome!" Caleb threw open his red front door with open arms. 

"Is the killer here?" I shouted staying at my car. Surprisingly, Sam let me have it today. She had said that her friend Amelia was going to pick her up for the party she was attending.

"Nah," Caleb shook his hand. "I got rid of him a few minutes ago." I laughed and walked over to him heaving the heavy bags. "Don't tell anyone," Caleb whispered as I reached his front stoop. "But he's buried in my backyard." He nodded his head towards the back of his house. 

"Are we going to have to build a gazebo to hide suspicion?" I giggled and scooted past him into the house. 

"Of course!" Caleb yelled, and I laughed. He eyed the white plastic bags. "What'd you bring?" He offered a hand and I gratefully dropped the bag. He laughed at my weakness and tossed the bags onto the counter, eager to find out what was in them.

"Candy and popcorn," I said. "Oh and theres some coke and sprite." 

"You're the best." Caleb smiled and kissed my forehead. His arm rested on my shoulder. 

"I'm glad to here you say that," I said and nuzzled out of his grasp. "Because I actually have to leave at eight." I watched him, waiting for a reaction. 

Caleb only shrugged though. "That's cool," he said and took out two cups from the brown cabinet. "I can only imagine that Mrs. Branson has huge plans today, considering it is her favorite holiday." 

I sucked in my breath. My heart practically stopped beating. He would not be happy once I told him the reason for my leaving. Eyeing me, Caleb began pouring our drinks. I didn't know if I had it in me to tell him I was leaving to be with Aspen. Caleb had to understand though, didn't he?

"I have plans with Aspen, actually." I took the candy and began walking to the living room quickly. Honestly, I didn't want to deal with Caleb's rage. When he got mad, he got really mad. There was always screaming, very loud screaming. 

"Hey, that's totally fine by me." Caleb nodded as he followed behind me with the cups. He rested them upon the wooden coffee table. 

I looked at him with full on confusion. This wasn't the type of response I was expecting. I would've imagined yelling and drinks spilling. Instead, he was acting totally normal. Caleb always overreacted. Do I have to mention the punch he threw at Aspen for not bringing me home? Yeah, Caleb became a full on maniac when he was angry.

"Really?" It didn't sound like him at all.

"Of course." He smiled and took a seat next to me on the couch. It sucked both of us in from our weight. "After all, he is your boyfriend." I was quiet as I watched him, waiting for the outburst to happen. Caleb only continued to look towards the TV as he turned it on. "We better get started right away on the marathon then if we want to finish by the time Aspen comes."