Chapter 6: That was Low

Above is a picture of Rebecca Strandler played by Karen Gillan

Chapter 6: That was Low

Have you ever felt like somebody was watching you? One minute you were just hanging out and the next minute you felt eyes on you. It was always a creepy feeling. I was not going to lie it felt as if you were being stalked, which you were, and at any moment you were about to get killed. Maybe saying that I was going to get killed was an exaggeration, but I felt as if somebody was going to go all ninja on me and assassinate me.

I was in the library enjoying my alternating free period with Caleb and Quinn. Becca didn't have study hall with us instead she was in AP literature.

As I skimmed my fingers along the young adult section I felt the eyes. Green eyes were watching me from afar, and I wasn't the only one who felt it.

"Does anyone else feel like Elsa just walked in here?" Caleb said and then laughed at his joke. I shot him a look. Who compares a stalker to Elsa? I'm sorry, but that just didn't seem right.

"Not the Queen of ice, but the Queen of bitches is here," sneered Quinn.

I froze. That only meant that there was one person watching us.

"What do you want, Sam?" I groaned and turned around to face her. Ironically, she was standing in the horror section. It completed her look as the Evil Queen. Sam was wearing a black skater skirt and a purple tank top. A grey sweater was wrapped around her tiny waist, but you could tell she wasn't planning on using it despite the freezing cold temperature in the library.

"Just checking up on you." She smirked and walked closer to me. "I had to make sure you weren't off making out with Aspen."

Caleb began a coughing fit next to me. Sam scrunched her face and stepped further away from him as if he had a disease.

"What does it matter to you?" I asked and crossed my arms. "You and James having some relationship problems?" I gave her a pout. It was the same old story. Her and James fought and she went for a random make out secession with a random guy.

"James and I are doing wonderfully. If you didn't notice he was over for dinner last night." She flicked her hair over her shoulder; it was a thing that she did every five seconds during a conversation.

"I try to stay clear of him so that I don't lose braincells."

Sam gaped her mouth. Her face was slowly becoming red. She searched for a witty remark quickly. "At least I'm not dating a gay guy," she said firmly and pointed at Caleb.

At that moment, it seemed like the entire library went silent. That was always a touchy subject. When we were younger, Quinn, Rebecca and I expected that he was gay. He never had girlfriends. He would always make flirty jokes and check out other girls, but we were still unsure. Around now we were pretty sure he was straight, but with me teasing him about Becca he always got so tensed.

"Woah!" Caleb quickly jumped in and stood between my sister and I. "I think you should go. Now."

"That was low," Quinn whispered.

"Oh, boo woo!" Sam exclaimed and threw up her hands. "It was a joke! You guys need to learn not to be such sore thumbs," she spat at us and then trotted away kicking up her heels as she walked.

"I'm sorry, Caleb," I whispered and stretched out my arms for him. He allowed me to hug him and he relaxed his arms on my back. "I love you."

"I know," Caleb sighed and squeezed me tighter. I felt bad that Sam was the first one to bring up his interest. None of us wanted to ever mention it, but it should've been us rather than my horrible sister.