Chapter 7

Recap...

As I sleep I imagine what life would be like if I was married. I love kids but I know that with a career as an obstetrician, it will take a while to get established. In Sha Allah as soon as I do get established, I will have kids.

My mom always tells me to live my life as the age I am but I must plan for things as I need things to go my way. I imagine who the mystery guy is. How much he knows about me and if I have ever seen him before.

He sure has a way with words, I think to myself. His words make me really imagine that there is such a thing as a "prince charming" out there for me. In Sha Allah he is my prince charming.

Chapter 7

I woke up really tired. My head felt a bit achy but Subhan Allah the pain in my head was a lot less than it was yesterday.

"Assalam O Alaikom Layla. How was your sleep?" My mom asks as she looked up from reading the Quran.

"It was nice." I tell her.

"So Layla, your dad and I need to work. We will come and check up on you every once in a while. Ok?"

"Oh okay mom. Where's dad?" I say understandingly.

"He was needed for an important surgery. I will be heading too after a couple of minutes but before I do, remember that breakfast will be served in a while." She says.

"Okay mom."

"I feel like I should stay with you Layla." She says looking guilty.

"You and I both know that I'll be fine mama; so don't worry."

"I know but I feel so...bad." She said after a pause.

"You shouldn't mama. Now go and bring another baby into this world." I tell her with a smile because of her profession as an obstetrician.

"Okay habibti (my love), I'm heading now. Saafiya and Umme will be coming after school to stay with you for a while. Until then listen to the doctor and rest." She kisses me on the cheek and leaves.

After a couple of minutes, the women with the cart comes with my food and serves. I tell her thanks and she then leaves. I read the Dua for eating (Bismillahi Wa Aala Bara Katillah), and I start with breakfast. Breakfast is scrambled eggs, 2 pieces of toast, and orange juice.

Just as I finish breakfast, the doctor from yesterday comes in.

"Hi Layla. How are you feeling today?"

"A bit better." I reply sincerely.

"Are you having any recalling memories of how you ended up in the hospital?"

"I tried a bit, but I just can't remember." I say. My eyes start to water because what if I'm never able to remember what happened that day? Will I be forgetting something that might have been life changing? My heart starts racing and I suddenly feel very crossed with myself and this situation.

"Layla it's okay if you don't remember; the memories can still come back in the next few days. Remember that it's only some memories, and not ones from a month ago or even longer." She comes over to me and starts patting my back in an attempt to soothe me.

"Layla you have to remember that stressing yourself over this will make it harder for the memories to come back. Ok?"

"Ok." I say wiping my tears.

"We'll take you to therapy tomorrow then because it's better for you since hopefully you won't be that stressed out. I'll have a nurse come and give you some morphine after lunch time." I nod and she once more pats my back and leaves.