Chapter 9

Recap...

Once I prayed Maghrib, I decided to take a nap for around an hour or so. After my nap, a jolly nurse walked in my room.

"You are Layla Zaman, right?" She said with a large smile.

"Yes." I say with a nod.

"How are you feeling?" She asks.

"Better than before."

"Is your headache gone?"

"I feel it a lot less now. Not gone fully but a lot better than before."

"Well that's really good to hear. I'll come back in an hour or so after dinner and give you some sleeping medicine, so you'll sleep fully for the night with no disturbances." I nod and she soon after leaves.

I decide to read the novel that Saafiya and Umme bought me. I decide to read my Kaza Namaz for yesterday next, because I didn't get to reading the actual Namaz on time.

When it's time for Isha, I decide to read the full Namaz and yes that means 4 Sunnat, 4 Fard, 2 Sunnat, 2 Nafl, 3 With, and 2 Nafl.

This takes a while but with everything going on and the time I have on hand, I have to thank Allah swt on letting me remember a lot more than I might have from my fall.

Dinner is served after I get to finishing my novel and it is delicious as well like every meal served to me so far in this hospital. Dinner is mashed potatoes, beans, vegetable soup, and mango juice.

The nurse true to her words comes coincidentally after I finish my dinner, and puts some sleeping medications in my IV. I read my usual nighttime Duas and Surahs, and soon enough, I fall sleep.

Chapter 9

The next day, a therapist came to visit me in my room just after breakfast. She told me to gradually get back to my daily activities and took another CT scan as well. The results, Subhan Allah were normal and she said that my memory of the day that I had gotten a concussion...should, well come back soon.

I also had to do physical therapy, so I could get used to walking and running without getting dizzy or having a bad headache. Lubna Auntie (Hamza's mom) also came by and gave me the homework and notes that Hamza had gotten for me.

After she left, I decided to look at my homework and do a bit of it slowly. The therapist said that I shouldn't be too stressed out but it won't hurt to catch up a bit, so I started to do a bit of my homework.

I got a note from Mr. Chase, my biology teacher, saying that I should just ignore the lab, and instead do an assignment on current and new cancer therapies. He said that the format of the assignment should be on a poster, and that the due date for the assignment will be a month from now and will count for the same amount as the lab did.

My English teacher told me that we currently were writing an essay on a certain topic and that my due date for it will be 4 weeks from now. My psych teacher wrote to me that currently, I was to read certain chapters of the textbook and take notes on them because we had a test 3 weeks from now on the key points from those pages. My home studies teacher apparently gave me some handouts that looked very easy and simple to do.

I decided to finish my home studies homework, which took me surprisingly only half an hour to do all of it. The next thing I decided to do was my bio assignment, which surprisingly Hamza borrowed books out for, for me. When I was finished all the notes, I decided to rest and watch some shows on Family TV.