Chapter 10

Recap...

I was so busy with my thoughts that I didn't realize that the doctor had walked in.

"Hello Layla."

"Hi."

"It seems like you have been feeling better." She says as she writes something down on her clipboard.

"Yes I have been feeling better." I say.

"Well that's really good to hear because you will be leaving the hospital tomorrow since you have been progressing really well. I'll check up on you before you leave tomorrow." She says.

"Ok. Bye!" I say smiling.

"Bye." She says and leaves.

My dad comes after she leaves and says that he has to go and get some food as well because he also had missed lunch. While he is at the cafeteria, my dinner is served. Today, I get broccoli soup, breadsticks, and mango juice. After my dad comes, and he finishes his food, we all read Isha.

Since there is a queen size sofa bed, mom and dad go to sleep on that, and I on my bed. I read my nightly Surahs, and Duas and then go to sleep. But not before thanking Allah swt, that my health has improved so much and doing a small prayer that I don't have to choose between mystery man and Hamza.

Chapter 10

I finally finished my packing and was ready to leave the hospital. The doctor checked me over once more and said that I was free to leave but I had to remember to take some precautions. She also told me that glimpses of my memory should be coming back soon, and I was real happy to hear that.

The ride home was a bit quiet, but I didn't mind it at all because I liked the feeling of silence surrounding me. Today, I was wearing a pair of sweatpants, a black t-shirt, and a knee length warm cardigan. The weather was suddenly getting colder, so I was dressed for warmth and not fashion.

By the time we got home, I was feeling sleepy, and tired which was probably because there was no sun out today. When we went inside the house, Lubna Auntie and Uncle Nasir rushed up to us and started saying that they were so happy that I was feeling better and got out of the hospital. I smiled and told them Jaza Kallah Khair.

"Mom can I go rest for a couple of minutes?" I ask her.

"Sure. I'll call you and Hamza down in an hour for dinner."

"Okay mom." I tell her as I go upstairs.

I walk to my room and put my duffel bag beside my bag. Just as I was putting away my clothes, I heard a knock.

"Come in." I say and see that Hamza walks in. It takes me a couple of seconds, before I stop ogling him, and continue putting my clothes away in my closet, like nothing happened a couple of seconds ago.

"How are you feeling?" He asks, a bit nervous.

"Better but I don't have memory of the day I had my concussion."

"I've heard. I got you something. Follow me." He says a bit nervous and I follow him to his room.

"Here." He says handing me a snow globe with a cherry blossom tree inside it.

"I know it's not much but I was at the mall and saw this, and thought to buy it for you." He says turning a bit red.

"It's beautiful Hamza. This must have cost a fortune." I say.

"Don't worry about it." He says with a smile.

"Jaza Kallah Khair." I say to him.

"It wasn't much. Now go and finish unpacking, because a fun thing called school is tomorrow." He says the last part with fake enthusiasm, and I smile at his sarcasm.