Chapter 26

*IF YOU GUYS HAVEN'T READ YOUR SALAH YET, THEN REMEMBER THAT THIS BOOK IS NOT IMPORTANT AT ALL COMPARED TO YOUR SALAH*

AN: WE REACHED #36 IN SPIRITUAL ON 29/07/16!!! Oh and I'm not entering this book into Wattys2016 since it still has a lot needed to go, and be edited. SHOUTOUT to everyone that votes, comments, follows, shares, and PM's me. It has allowed me to progress a lot to this point—you guys are the best!

PS: I had a lot of fun writing the last bit of the chapter.

ENJOY!

--

Recap...

The nurse Tara comes back again and she has a doctor take an x-ray of my nose. The doctor tells me there surely is a fracture. A couple of minutes later, the doctor comes to the waiting area and takes me to a room, and fixes the broken bone, and wraps the broken area tightly with gauze.

"You'll have to ice it for the rest of today, and the next couple of days. I suggest you take the next couple of days off from school, and make sure to not get the gauze wet. I suspect the bone to heal and fall back into place within a week or two, and there isn't any permanent damage. You're very lucky Laila." She says to me, and I head back to mom and dad.

The police officer are in the waiting area, and I see that dad is talking to them. The woman officer takes me to a private room, and I tell her everything from the start. She asks to look at where his nails dug into my wrist and arms, and I show it to her. She cotton swabs it and places it in a bag. After I finish answering her questions, she tells the nurse Tara to get my wrist and arm wrapped up and disinfected.

Before I walk to Tara, the officer tells me that I was lucky to have been able to escape when I was, because if the bell didn't ring, then....

I have my arm wrapped lightly in gauze by Tara after she cleans it up.

I keep thinking of one word-lucky. It's such an odd word, isn't it? In my perspective, luck isn't real; it's called fate. I say that it was fate that kept me from getting raped. And in whose hands is fate kept in? The One who is the Almighty, Sovereign and Merciful. It was his mercy that kept me to have my dignity intact, and it was his Nur (Light) that opened the path for me to not have faced such a boulder.

Once we get home, mom goes upstairs with me. I quickly change into my Pajamas, and lie down. Dad brings up a glass of milk with honey for mom and I. After drinking it, he takes it downstairs into the kitchen, and comes back to my room.

"Laila remember that it is said in the Quran: "Those who, when disaster strikes them, say, "We belong to Allah and to Him we will return". Those are the people who will have blessings and mercy from their Lord; they are the ones who are guided (Chapter 2, Verse 156-157)." Dad says to me, and kisses me on my forehead.

I lie down on mom's lap and she plays with my hair.

"Laila, this is just an obstacle in the path that Allah (swt) has assigned for you. Remember that Allah has faced you with this obstacle because he loves you. Instead of feeling despair, you should get closer to Allah (swt). Bint, there will be many obstacles you'll face in this life. This life isn't supposed to feel like Paradise, because the actual Jannah (paradise), will be given to us In Sha Allah after we die."

I hear my mom's words and remember what dad said. I feel ease settle in me as I let what they said sink in. Once I feel myself calm, I fall in a deep sleep.