Chapter 15

Recap...

When we finish dinner, Hamza volunteers to dry the dishes, which meant that I was on automatic washing duty. Mom and Auntie Lubna were bubbling with joy because they didn't have to clean the dishes for once.

"How did you place for the test?" Hamza asks and I ignore him.

"Come on, don't ignore me Layla. You didn't do that bad, did you?" He asks and I suddenly stop with the dishes and stay still for a moment when I hear him say my name. It sound like sugar coming from his mouth. Astaghfirullah Layla!

"I placed second." I say quietly, while keeping my eyes on the dishes that I was washing.

"Well that's not too bad." He says and I know that he is smirking. Instead of glaring at him, I keep my glare towards the dishes.

"The dishes will break if you keep looking at them like that." He says with a laugh and I stop glaring once I hear his melodic laugh.

"I've always placed first." I tell him honestly.

"Well Layla, I'm here now."

"Smiling is Sunnah Layla, not glaring."

Since I'm a rebel, I give him a glare and wait for his reaction. He just chuckles and throws me the wash cloth he was holding.

"It's on!" I say and grab a handful of water and throw it at him.

"I could throw the soup on you right now, you know?" He says and I cower away in the corner away in fear. He's literally inches away from me and I'm 100% sure that my cheeks are burning a bright red.

I'm in so much suspense that I don't even blink. He looks down to me, and smirks when he sees my reaction. He then walks out of the kitchen and I follow him out.

"Hey it's still on!" I say.

"You really are oblivious Layla." He says and before I can say anything, he goes upstairs.

I'm left confused at hearing what he said. What does he mean by that I'm oblivious. I mean is it that I'm oblivious to the fact that he hates me because I can see why he does. I mean I know that I have imperfections and all.

First of all what does he even mean by me being oblivious? I feel hot tears come at my eyes and I run upstairs before anyone can see me crying. Once I get inside my room, I change into my pajamas, and let sleep overtake me.

Chapter 15

I wake up to the sun shining in my face. I stretch and read the Dua for when a person wakes up ("Alhamdulillah hilazee Aa'yana Ba'dama Amatanaa Wa Ilaihi Noo Shoor") which means "Praise is to Allah Who gives us life after He has caused us to die and to Him is the return."

I hear laughter coming from downstairs and I realize all of a sudden that it's Saturday today. I am bubbling with so much excitement right now just thinking of how it's not a school day today.

Today we will go to a wedding decoration store to pick out the main theme for the wedding and other necessities that need to be ordered in advance.

I go to the bathroom, take a shower and dress in a grey knit cardigan, a forest green full sleeve shirt, and black harem pants (with leggings underneath). I decide to wear a black hijab as well with a matching forest green cap; like my shirt's.

Over the past few days, I have started to focus more on trusting Allah (swt), and my studies because it's better to let my mind wander to things that will actually help me.