Chapter 1

Little four-year-old Harry Potter toddled down the hallway.

"Mimmy?" He called.

"I'm in here, Harry." McGonagall called from her office.

"Where, Mimmy?"

"My office." She responded softly.

The toddler appeared in her doorway. "Hi Mimmy!"

"Hello, Harry. How did you get out of your crib?" McGonagall stood and picked up the young child, carrying him back to his room.

"I dunno!" Harry shrugged exaggeratedly.

The old teacher chuckled quietly and pushed open the door to Harry's bedroom, where he was supposed to be taking a nap.

"Alright, Harry, it's sleepy time. You need to stay here for a while, okay?" She said quietly.

Harry nodded, but his eyes sparked with mischief that told her he would be doing no such thing. If he got out of that crib again, he'd do the same thing he just did.

McGonagall felt a small pang in her chest. Even at a young age, it was obvious that Harry had gotten his facial expressions from his father.

"Go to sleep, Harry." She told him, setting him down in the crib.

"Night night, Mimmy!" The boy said, smiling up widely.

McGonagall smiled softly, then turned and left the room.

"Mimmy?" A voice asked sneeringly when she returned to her office.

McGonagall turned to face her visitor, who had waited while she took the boy back to his bed.

"It started out as Mama Minnie, he heard Pomona call me by my first name when she was over. It slowly turned into Mimmy, he shortened it to make it easier to say, I suspect."

Snape nodded curtly. "So that is the Potter boy." 

"Yes. He is not his father, Severus, do not judge him harshly for a child's grudge."

The hook-nosed man started to open his mouth, but McGonagall cut him off by turning to the piece of parchment on her desk. 

"And why are you coming to me with this?" She tapped the paper.

"It involves one of your students." Snape snapped shortly.

"Nymphadora is not one of my students, Severus."

"But several of her friends are and they helped her, I'm sure of it."

McGonagall sighed. "Severus, when will you stop judging people based on their houses? It's getting out of hand."

"With all due respect, Mimmy, it is not a prejudice that brought me here. Miss Tonks' hair was changing color all through class and I'm sure her little Gryffindor friends helped her find the spell that did that." Snape's voice was full of contempt.

McGonagall sighed, ignoring his sarcastic use of her nickname from Harry. "Severus, Nymphadora is a Metamorphmagus. She got in trouble for switching her appearance to match yours and parading around the Hufflepuff common room, terrifying her peers. She seems to have blamed this on you rather than herself, which would explain her disturbance of your class. I suggest you speak with her head of house."

Snape scowled and stood, ready to leave.

"Oh, and Severus?" McGonagall stopped him.

The dark-clothed man turned to face her from just outside the door to her study.

"Call me that or mock my boy again and I will hex you. Repeatedly."

Before Snape could reply, McGonagall flicked her wand, causing the door to slam closed in his face.

She distinctly heard him growl out several profanities before Disapparating.

McGonagall sighed again and muttered, "Expecto Patronum."

Her typical patronus, three silvery versions of her animagus form, burst forward and faced her, waiting for direction.

"Albus, Severus met the boy today. He's already showing a prejudice against the child for his parentage. Thought you aught to know." The cats bounded out the open window.

Minerva stood slowly and moved silently down the small corridor inside her quarters to reach her son's room. To her relief, the child had fallen asleep, his thumb stuffed securely in his mouth.

The old professor smiled, remembering the day she had formally adopted the boy.

Albus had wanted to know her reasons and she had given them readily. He had allowed her to add on an extra room to her office and bedroom, one that would house the small boy.

"Thank you for telling me, Minerva." A voice said behind her.

McGonagall turned in time to see Dumbledore's pheonix patronus burst into a silvery flame before disappearing.

She shook her head and checked the time.

"Time to go... Maddi?" Minerva called softly.

A quiet crack alerted her to the arrival of the house elf.

"Hello Mistress!" The tiny elf squeaked.

"Hello. I have to go teach my next class, would you mind watching Harry?"

"Of course, Mistress! Maddi will watch little Harry! Does Maddi need to do anything else?"

McGonagall thought for a moment. "If he wakes up, give him one of the warm bottles."

Maddi nodded, knowing about the bottles of milk in the kitchen for Harry.

The boy was old enough to eat real food, but when he woke up prematurely, McGonagall had found that a bottle of warm milk lulled him back to sleep.

"Thank you Maddi."

"No need to thank Maddi, Mistress. Maddi likes to work." The house elf replied.

"Regardless, thank you." Before the house elf could try and 'correct' her, McGonagall swept off down the hall, heading for the door to her quarters, where she could reach her classroom.

[A/N Mimmy! I thought it would be cute if Harry did that. When do you think he'll need glasses? My little brother needed them at age 9, maybe age 8 for Harry?]