Chapter 21

Minerva knew her son had done something when she realized that she couldn't find him or Ronald Weasley in the dormitories. 

Her first thought was 'They know where the chamber is...' followed by 'They went into the chamber!'

She checked Lockhart's classroom, finding it messed up and half packed. His wand was under the desk, which didn't bode well for anything.

She had no clue where the chamber was, but Harry had figured it out and it seemed he had taken Ron and Lockhart to it, trying to save little Ginny Weasley.

"Minerva!" Pomona called as the deputy headmistress swept through the halls, attempting to find her son.

"Have you found anything?" Minerva asked quickly.

"No, I haven't, but the mandrakes are finally ready!" Pomona motioned to the huge basket she was levitating, lowering it so Minerva could see inside.

Huge leaves were stacked inside the basket, spilling over the top a little.

"Wonderful! Will you need help with them?" Minerva wanted to go find Harry, but the students in the infirmary needed to be helped as well. She just hoped that Harry would be okay, wherever he was.

"Oh that would be a good idea, we need to get these into the potions so we can help the petrified students. Do you know where Snape is?"

"I have no clue, would you like me to find him?"

"Is there a way you could quickly?"

Minerva waved her wand, smiling as her memories of Harry created the bright silver cats of her patronus. "Severus, we have the mandrake root, we're setting things up in the infirmary and you need to be there in ten minutes or less or I will come looking for you."

She waved the cats off, sending them after the head of Slytherin.

"So how's Harry?" Pomona asked sweetly as they headed towards the infirmary.

"He's fine." Minerva assured her, adding under her breath, "I hope."

They hurried to the hospital wing and began to set up, Minerva conjuring up a large cauldron to make the potion in while Pomona began to prep the leaves for their use.

Snape's first words when he walked through the door with bundles of ingredients in his arms were, "I need a workspace." 

"Coming right up." Minerva flicked her wand and a long wooden table for him to use appeared.

Snape didn't thank her, just dumped his supplies on the table and began to sort through them. Minerva levitated the cauldron over so he could easily reach it, then started for the door.

"Where are you going?" Pomona asked.

"To make sure no students have left their common rooms." And to try and find my son.

Pomona nodded and turned back to the leaves. Minerva left the room and swept through the corridors. When she neared Dumbledore's office on her way to the Hufflepuff common room to check on those students, she decided to ask Professor Dumbledore about her son and Ron. She knew he had showed up a few minutes earlier, having heard his voice in the entrance hall when she walked past it.

Letting herself in with the password, she entered the room and marched up to Albus' desk.

"Albus? Are you here?"

"One moment, Minerva!" The old man's voice echoed from the second level of his study. Minerva tapped her fingers against his desk lightly, waiting for him, and soon he appeared at the top of the stairs.

"Is something wrong, Minerva?"

"Aside from Miss Weasley being taken to the chamber and Harry and Ron going missing? No, nothing!" 

"Harry and Mr. Weasley are gone?"

Minerva nodded. "They aren't in the common room and I've searched most of the castle. None of the other teachers have reported anything and even with that blasted cloak you gave him someone would have noticed them."

Albus stood and began to walk away.

"Albus, where are you going?"

"I'm going to check something." Albus absentmindedly tapped the empty perch next to his desk. As he ascended the stairs, Minerva could hear him calling, "Fawkes? Are you up here?"

Soon the old Headmaster appeared again.

"Fawkes is gone, as is the Sorting Hat."

"What does that have to do with this?" Minerva raised an eyebrow.

"Well I did tell Harry that help always came to those who asked for it, now Fawkes is gone. He took the Sorting Hat to Harry, most likely the boy gave some public show of loyalty to me. He will be fine and may even defeat the monster of the Chamber, which I have figured out, by the way."

"What is it?"

"A basilisk." 

Minerva nodded, understanding. Harry had spoken of a voice that no one else could hear, and finding out he was a Parselmouth explained it.

"Fawkes may also be a help in fighting the snake, he always had an affinity for attacking intruders' eyes." Dumbledore muttered.

[A/N hey guys, have you seen Hermione VS. Katniss Princess Rap Battle? It's great! Personally I think that Hermione won, you should watch it and comment what you think! I also ignored the last bit after the rap was over because I don't ship it at all. Enjoy the update, I know the potion was started sooner but I chose to ignore it]