CASTERS (Chapter 3: Verdict Pt 2.)

Author's notes: Haven't written this in months. Many people have been asking for it recently so i decided to update both this and Chemical X with chapters no more than 4k and no less than 3k words. Hopefully I remember my own story.

Recap of Chapter 2: The preparations for Seth's trials had began. He was coached by Ace on what to say. Now it's time to see where his fate leads him. Will Seth be set free or will he be setenced to death? Find out on this chapter of 'Casters'.

09:59 hours.

"It's starting Aiden."

"I can see that." Talvic and me are on the giant wall surrounding the Saki Empire in district 1. The people look like ants from up here but it's a perfect spot for viewing what's happening on the giant screen projecting into the sky. The dragonfly live feed is taking place throughout all five districts and I have the perfect viewing area. "Who'd ever thought that he'd end up here, on trial? I assumed he'd just end up dead."

"I guess your plan backfired, huh? What do you think they'll do to you when they find out your involvement in the break out last night?"

"They won't!" I spoke heavily beneath the mask on my face. "And if they did somehow," blue crystals formed into my hand and took the shape of a sword. I swung it to the side and placed it at his neck. "I'll kill you before I'm taken." He moved the sword away with his index finger while gulping.

"I hear you loud and clear. I just don't understand. What's the point of asking me to leave a key for a prisoner to break free?"

"You would have in the end. But my plan was foiled by him." I looked onto the screen at his worried face and his black hair with red tips. "This so called Pyro Caster. If he survives this, then I've just found my new rival, Seth."

First Person. Seth's (POV)

"Let the trials begin!" The emperor announced.

I breathe in slowly while standing here at the center of the floor. My wrist is still bounded behind my back. What am I to do now?

"You are granted the right of speech." One out of the five men before me said. "Everything you say will be recorded and put on record. Choose your words wisely. In your defense, why shouldn't we execute you?"

"Because I didn't murder my own blood!" I aggressively said. "I get it. Everyone in this room, maybe even this country looks to me to be guilty. They judge before even hearing a person's side of the story." I looked around the room at all of their faces. The faces of fear, hatred, and shame. "My past, my origins. It's a complicated one. It's one that makes me feel like I was only born to die. The man that raised me told me that my mother died after giving birth to me. As for my father, there isn't any as far as I know. I was raised by a human." I heard the gasps of many.

"It is illegal for a human and a caster to live as one." A statement was made amounts the crowd.

"Your rules are foreign to me." I defended. "I was raised in a forest living off of nothing but natural resources. This human helped me bond with my animal spirit at the age of ten. Then he trained me to use my fire magic. Though he is a human, he's a great master. I learned many things about the attack and defense of the human 'will' abilities. Even through all of that, he didn't have the means to teach me Monarian language. And with no books in the forest, he was neither able to teach me how to read."

"A caster that cannot read?" A councilor questioned. "How unusual."

"You stated that your mother died after giving birth to you? Would this indicate that she was a human?" I had to take a breath when he asked that. I can't show any expression other than the oblique one I'm already projecting.