CASTERS (Chapter 4: The Necklace.)

Author's notes: It was very difficult to get back into the story. Being yet another mystery series, I had to remember the exact story line and how the book ends so that the questions building up all have answers. Thank you for your patience guys. Time for CASTERS to get as much recognition as ALPHAS. I hope this chapter doesn't suck. There's no action. We are just dwelling into the magical world so there's just a lot of information.

Recap of Chapter 3: Seth's trial ended with him being set free, but at a price. In a form of probation, the council decided that Seth should become a Kakyumi of the battalion force. Meanwhile, Alex and her brother Kaleb were apprehended by the aurora caster and her squad of custodians. Find out what happens next on this chapter of 'Casters'.

12:03

I was brought back to the Emperor's quarters by two guards where I got addressed by non-other than Ace and the Emperor.

"Unshackle him. He's a free man."

"Yes Emperor." They did so right away.

"He's all yours, Ace." He waved his hand.

"Yes, I do believe so." Ace walked up to me and held my neck from behind. He turned me towards the exit. "Let's go kid."

"Where are we going?"

"We're going to make preparations for your departure to the fifth district." We exit the emperor's palace. I am finally able to view the city in the daylight. Almost all of the buildings around are 60 feet or more in height. Homes stacked upon homes in a way I have never seen before.

My amazed expression shifted to a dismay one when I looked straight at the people. Everyone is staring at me as if I'm nothing more than a disgrace.

"Grrgh!" I balled my fist tightly.

"You're letting them get to you." Ace looked back at me as he walked ahead. "Don't! Who they think you are isn't who you are. And unless you prove that to them, those eyes of fear and hatred toward you will never cease."

"What do you know of this feeling?"

"More than you think." I waited a few seconds expecting a story of his past but it never came.

"You're not going to tell me, are you?"

"No. Now get in." He hopped into a carriage. I stood outside of it with my mouth dropped. This thing had mechanical horses attached to it. "I said get in!"

"No way." I mumbled to myself in astonishment. I stepped inside then sat across from him, staring at the design of the carriage and the way the horses moved. "These horses aren't real, right?"

"They're not. This is one way of transportation in the town. It's a Casterian that lets you turn certain materials into something called a 'Mecha beast'. The beasts created are manipulated and moved by magic. Only the upper class, nobles and royals, are seen using the mecha beasts. They are expensive are only manufactured in Bestia Imperium, which translates to the empire of beasts. Other citizens are seen using a vehicle called a car, which also runs on the magic cast into it."

"That is so cool!" The carriage began moving and my eyes sparkled in amazement. "I have so many questions for you Ace. There's a lot of things I still don't understand as yet."

"Then ask me while you can, because after today we won't see each other for a long time."

"Well, first off, I want to know what this Casterian word is you keep saying."

"Casterian. It is a Monarian word meaning technique. Anything else?"

"Yeah. Why in the world was my phoenix a hybrid when it appeared? Did you do something to it?"