CASTERS (Chapter 2: Verdict Pt 1.)

Author's notes: Long ass recap since I haven't updated from January. Also the date and months are the same in casters. The only thing different is the year. Alphas is my main series but I want to continue this. So I will try to post it weekly or every two weeks. It will be easy to do so since these chapters will be shorter than the Alphas chapters.

Recap of Chapter 1: Set out on a journey to the Sacrificial Empire; also known as the Saki Empire, a boy named Seth searches for his father. He also pursues freedom from the shadows by trying to clear a murderous reputation brought on by becoming a True-Caster. Without a chance, he was sentenced to death with no trial and was placed in a cell until execution. A guy named Ace Reynard, Coronel of the battalion force that rules over district 1 recognized the skills Seth holds. He wasn't just an ordinary True-Caster that sacrificed a family member for power. He was decent. Ace made a request to Elijah Sacretore, third and current emperor of the sacrificial empire, to send a letter to the council asking to spare Seth's life. Later that night a prison riot erupted and Seth had an opportunity to escape. Seeing what the prisoners were doing to their own people, he decided to stop them. With a powerful spell cast by his fire magic, Seth indeed saved them. After saving them he was caught in the process of escaping by Ace's lieutenant, the Aurora Caster. Brought forth to the emperor, Seth was shocked to find out that he was a True-Caster. The emperor so pleased by what Seth did, made him change his decision and decide to have a democratic trial. Elijah had gotten a letter from the council. Ace was surprised by this thinking that the council responded to their request but when Elijah revealed that he never sent out the letter, a suspicion was brought on about a spy in the kingdom. Another thought came to mind that the council may have had other motives for keeping Seth alive. That same night, Seth's uncle and aunt were slaughtered by men working directly under the council. His trials will begin the next morning. Find out more on this chapter of "Casters".

First Person. Alex's (POV)

Darkness. All around me I see darkness. A mist creeping at the edge of my feet, and me standing at the center of a graveyard. Bodies in every direction I look. The smell of blood. The smell of death. It races my heart and frightens me. I step backwards afraid for what I'm viewing. I turn around but was immediately stopped by a little boy running towards me. He's under 10 years old and appears to be dirty. He's running at me fast with a traumatized face. He's screaming something. What is he yelling? Why is he struggling so hard to yell?! He's frightening me.

"What are you saying?!" I screamed. "I can't hear you?!"

"Run!" It started to clear up as he moved closer. "Run now! You have to get out of here! You don't belong here! She's coming for you! Run Alex!" He tripped over a body and fell to his face.

"He... he knows my name!" I said softly while gulping with a frightened expression. He lift his body back up. "Who's coming for me?! What are you talking about?!" I shouted. He looked up at me and his eyes trembled immensely.

"Sh-she's already here. She's come for your body!" He lifted his trembling finger at me. I heard this soft female humming tone behind me and I realized it wasn't me he was pointing at. "It's the lady in white." I turned around quickly to a white dress motioning in the dark. Black hair danced in the wind and her face was a pale dead gray. Her lips was as black as her hair and her eyes were glowing blue with no emotions in them. She stood their smiling at me. "Leave now!" He gripped my hand. She started disappearing into the mist and reappearing at a closer distance every time. "Don't let her touch you! Leave Alex!" My eyes shook traumatized by this vision. I couldn't move. Suddenly she disappeared completely and for a second there I thought I was going to crazy. A warm breathe behind my neck made my eyes shook. I spun around quickly and she stood not even 20 inches from my face. Her dead hands with cracked and dirty black nails lifted to my face. I shut my eyes tightly while screaming at the close range of her fingers. I screamed and screamed not stopping at all. A hand rested on both sides of my shoulder shaking my body.