CASTERS (Chapter 8: Rookie Monsters.)

Recap: Rookie Casters from four different districts entered the method two examination to become Kakyumies. Fifteen people from each district were scattered across the forest, adding up to sixty individuals in total. The first half of method two is simple; track down the person that holds their number and claim it for themselves. In order to continue their journey toward district five they must have two of the same number. This method will cut the number of individuals in half. Who are the individuals dominating the examination so far? Find out in this chapter of "CASTERS".

1701Hrs

Ace's (POV)

"Don't lose it." I wrapped it around his wrist. "Congratulations, you are now officially recognized as a Caster of Saki. Oh and another thing," I leaned in to whisper it to him. "If you don't make it to district five, you will die." I shoved him into the kiza kito before he could respond. Seth stared at me confused, but he'll understand soon. The kiza kito shot into the air and disappeared. I turned and walked away from it.

Moments Later. The Emperor's Castle.

"Your Majesty," I knelt down at his feet.

"I've explained to you already, Ace." He removed himself from his seat and walked toward me. "You and I are best friends," He extended his arm down to me. "Only in the eyes of many, should you be formal with me. But in private, we're equals. Now get up." I took hold of his hand and rose to my feet.

"The Saki empire is lucky to have such a kind monarch as yourself. I honestly didn't think you could do it. You were the worse prince ever, growing up. People hated you and feared your rise to the throne, but now look at you. You've certainly matured."

"And you still talk way too much." We both laughed. "But you're right. I learned to appreciate life and people more after I nearly died two years ago." He cleared his throat and walked to the window. "Enough reminiscing for today. You're here wondering if it's done, aren't you?" He looked back at me.

"Were you able to make the change in time?" I asked. He nodded.

"For the first time since the purge of the True-Casters, are we using such a method. Method 2 is dangerous and definitely an excuse to kill. Some of our colonels and lieutenants today gained their True-Caster form legally from that method." He smiled at me. "If I remember correctly, you were one of them. Arctic Caster, Ace Reynard."

"The new generation of rookies are unaware of the benefits of being dragonfly monitored while battling. However, rules and regulations will be added for a friendlier experience, differing from the method 2 of decades ago."

"I understand that this method is meant to help Seth, seeing as method 1 is an automatic fail for him since he can't read. But this is a dangerous method, even for a True-Caster like himself. Seth lacks training and solely relies on his fire. That puts him on the same level as many of the other rookies, or lower than some." My eyes widened. He could be joking but I can't take that chance.

"I must excuse myself now, Elijah." I backed away.

"Where are you running off to?"

"Each district only shows the fights between a person from that district and someone they've encountered. District five, however, shows all of the encounters. There, I can also acquire the rookie list and correctly assess the situation. I have to see for myself if they're monsters or not." He smiled then looked back out the window.

"I see. Best of luck." He waved to me. I left immediately.

1718.

The Kiza Kito floated down, finally landing me in district 5 at the center of the 'Caster Accademy'.