9. Swords and daggers

The next morning Peter and Wendy agreed on exploring the island. So they packed a lunch basket after breakfast and of they went. Nibs let John borrow a dagger and was about to give one to Michael when Wendy decided that they all were in danger if he did so. So there they went, ten kids in the morning sun. The island was still peaceful, the sun shone over the ocean and in over Neverland. As they walked the sun went higher on the sky and they walked in silence since the boys hadn't really come alive and didn't have enough energy yet. Wendy walked beside Peter as he explained were they went and she tried to suck every little detail in. It was the most beautiful place she ever been in. Around lunch time Peter had lead them to a cliff on a mountain that let them see Neverland as they eat their meal. So there they sat watching the ocean as they had their little picnic. After lunch the boys started to play around, they chased each other fought with swords. All the time Wendy would sit beside feeling worried but at the same time pleased with the chaos. After a hour or so Nibs went up to Wendy. "Mother" he said "do you know how to handle the sword?" Wendy could see that he was very curious but unsure of how to ask. "Well, I think I could do a decent job" she smiled at Nibs "I wouldn't win though" she added. Peter appeared in front of them "that won't do, even a lady has to be able to protect herself" he said as he handed her a sword and smiled at her, Wendy stood up and took the sword. She weight the sword in her hand, it balanced perfectly and follow her movement perfectly without being to heavy. It was a beautiful sword. The blade reflected the light a little too good though and blinded her temporary when she got the sun rays directly in her eyes. Stumbling around a little she could hear Peter chuckle so she blinked rapidly to get her sight back before scowling at him. "Here I'll show you" Peter still smirked but came closer to Wendy. He put his hand over her and helped her with a few moves so she got the right technics, then he let her try for herself in thin air. Wendy liked the feeling of the sword in her hand but she quickly grew tired and exhausted. But when Peter exclaimed that he would fought her himself she got excited and her energy returned. "I'll go easy on you first, okay? Don't worry" he promised before doing the first move. Wendy easily dodged that. He gave her a encouraging smile before striking again, this time Wendy let their swords meet. Actually surprised with how naturally she fought back he lost focus and Wendy almost sliced him in the chest expecting him to defend himself. She dropped the sword in shock "Oh Peter" she said and ran up to hug him "Are you okay? Did I hurt you?" She said overly worried examining his chest. Peter however was to overwhelmed by what just happened so he just smiled and shook his head. "Are you sure, Peter?" Wendy looked as if she was about to start crying and that made Peter snapped out of it "I'm fine Wendy" he laughed, Wendy looked relieved "Your not that good" he then added teasingly. Wendy snapped her head up forget all about what just happened and grabbed her sword "Well Mr. Pan, I beg to differ" then she swung her own sword and a new fighting brought loose while the Lost boys cheered.

----------------------------------------------
So school just recently started and my ability to write seems to have run away and hid. Don't know what to do about that really.

But I guess I'll work it out sooner or later.

Until then,
Emma xx
----------------------------------------------