16. Little Bird

The indians held an amazing feast in Peter's honour. There was dancing and singing, the most incredible food which tasted like curios spices Wendy never even heard of before, and a big bonfire in the middle of it all, which flames seemed to dance in all the colours of the rainbow and licked the starry night sky above. Wendy was simply amazed by it all.

The Lost Boys were sitting by one of the many tables nearby the kettle, were new delicious food were cooking. Wendy took a seat next to John and chuckled when she heard the conversation.

"But we've always been the Lost Boys" Nibs argued.

"I know, and that's what I mean" John responded. "Isn't it time to switch it up a little?"

"Nah, I agree with Nibs" Slightly said "why change something that good?"

"Alright, I guess not, I just thought 'the never lads' sounded a bit cooler" John sighted.

The boys and Wendy laughed at this, but all agreed that it was better to not question the name choice Peter made. Speaking of which, Peter came over to join them and sat down next to Wendy.

"Hello Darling" He smiled.

"Peter" She greeted, eyeing the necklace of acorns and flowers he was wearing "what's this?" she asked and tugged lightly at the necklace.

"To be honest I'm not sure, but they said something about hero and brave" He smirked.

"Oh really" Wendy laughed.

It got quite, it'd been a long day, and both of them were tired.

"Hey Wendy" Peter said, and Wendy looked up at him. "Would you mind coming with me for a second?"

"Yeah sure" she smiled, curiosity lurking in her eyes.

But before she had time to notice Peter said "alright good" and gathered her up in his arms and flew up.

Wendy yelped, but were soon laughing as they were flying over the Indians camping site. The ground beneath them was beautifully lit by the moon as they flew over the quiet forests of Neverland in the dark.

Peter put her down on the highest branches in a high three, and so they sat there in the dark, only illuminated by the faint light of fireflies and the occasional fairy.

They sat beside each other in silence before Peter looked up and gazed at her "Hey there little darling, how are you?"

And when he asked Wendy thought about what was really going on for the first time weeks, and her chest clenched up.

-------------------------------------------------------

Hiyya y'all!

Happy new year! I hope all of you had a really good (or at least decent) year and that the coming year will be nothing but great!

Love you guys, god bless!
Selena