Going "Home"

Hello, mate.. The alpha coos, through my head.

I feel Gladys squirm with delight at me finding a mate.

I feel like I'm not getting enough oxygen...

Calm down, I won't hurt you.
The Alpha presses his nose to the side of my face, Speak to me, he politely commands.

I saw small black dots and my vision tunneled.

No.
No. I was not going to faint in front of my mate!

Slowly I looked up at him. His head still slightly tilted, and his ears perked up to full attention.

Attention geared specifically towards me.

I took a deep breath of cold air.

Hello, Alpha

I bowed my head, showing my neck in submission.

I saw his tail twitch in approval.

I could practically hear my wolf grinning at his acceptance of us.
Honestly I felt a little happy about it too.

What's your name?
He leant down and lifted my head with his snout, and gently had me look into his eyes.

Those eyes were breath taking.
His left iris was a hazel brown, and the right was a vibrant green.

Jillian
I answered calmly. Some reason seeing his eyes, soothed my anxious spirit.

Alright, Jillian. Go back to your house and shift. Pack some lightweight essentials, and we'll go home.

My mate told me, he fully expected me to obey.

But I just blinked, shocked.

He wanted me to pack up.
We're we going to fast, I didn't even know his name yet.

But I really wanted to go with him, I wanted to "go home" like he suggested.

No.
Gladys wanted to go with him.
Personally I didn't trust him.
But this was Gladys's mate. I couldn't just take him from her.

I swallowed before I slowly made my way to the pack house, to get my things.

As I started to leave, I caught a glimpse of my sister, Ruby, her eyes shone with excitement for me.

I wished I shared the same excitement as Ruby and Gladys, but I didn't want to find my mate yet. Much less an alpha.

I sprinted back to the house, and shifted at the door, so I could get inside as quickly as possible. I ran up the stairs to my room. Thankfully, no other wolves were inside.

I opened the door and instantly a wave of nostalgia hit me. The green comforter on the bed, and all the pictures I had decorating the walls. Memories went through my mind like a camera roll.

I sighed and kneeled down under the bed to get a backpack.
I went to the dresser and clothed myself in a sweater and skinny jeans, before lacing up my boots and properly packing.

I pulled on a beanie and looked at myself in the mirror.

My skin looked pale with worry and I looked extremely skinny, on account the last thing I ate was last night's dinner. But I wasn't hungry yet. My dark brown hair looked a bit frizzy, but nothing unusual. Over all I looked like I normally do.

Again I sighed and trudged to the bathroom.

What if I didn't go? I wondered to myself.

Even though this wasn't my original pack, I felt close to every single one of them. Also I had too many alphas in my life, my dad was the alpha of my original pack. And my brother in law, was also an alpha.

So was my mate.

I didn't know if I could handle another, impatient, bossy, short tempered, dominant wolf.

But this is for Gladys, and my well being. I argued with myself.

In the bathroom I grabbed my soap.
My sister advised I keep a regular sent, as not to confuse my mate.
Technically he would still be able to smell me, but I get her point.

To a werewolf, smell is everything.

I scanned the counter to see if I needed anything else. I concluded that my toothbrush could be replaced and I didn't need to carry it.
When I threw it in the trashcan, it symbolized my official leaving.

I tugged on my coat, and marched downstairs.

When I opened the door I was not expecting to see anything but snow and the pine trees that outlined the house.

But there he was, and Gladys did back flips again.

I am so excited for this story, and hope you are too, I'll try my best not to let you down.
Thanks for reading.
Please vote and comment!
Deanna