New Luna

Damien's POV

As per usual I awoke to the sun beaming down my face, every morning I think about having the east facing window blocked by a wall. But seeing as how much Jillian loves to look out the window I tend to reconsider by noon. But all I wanted right now was to have that window banged out and replaced by a wall that wouldn't blind me every morning. I sighed and closed my eyes once again, burying my nose in may mates long, dark hair. She smelt like lemon cake.

Hey, I came up with this great pickup line to tell mate. Stone told me.

Uh huh, tell me

"Are you my backyard ? Cuz I'm diggin you"

No comment. I cut our connection off because of his terrible joke.

Jillian was tucked in my arms safe and secure, her sleep undisturbed and calm all night. She had no nightmares and nothing had stirred her, which caused me, in turn, to have a wonderful night of sleep as well. I sat up on my forearm and looked down at the little mark that occupied the space between her neck and shoulder. It caused a small smile to make its way to my lips. Yesterday Jillian had said that I never smiled, but I smile way more than I ever did before I met my mate. She was perfect in every way. From her small hands enclosed in mine, to the bright gleam in her eye when she found something amusing but she was to shy to laugh. I really loved her, but what shocked me most was not my confession, but hers. Jillian; my quiet shy mate said she loved me even though she must know that she deserves better.  I thought; but being the selfish man I am I refuse to reject her. If the Moon Goddess blessed me with someone so perfect, I wouldn't give her up to any one else. I would be the one to love her and care for her, I would be the one to spoil her; the one to keep her as my own. Just the thought of Jillian with someone else made my teeth clench.

Jillian stirred in her sleep and I moved to give her space as she woke up. I rolled over on my back and rested my hands behind my head. She sat up and stretched, she played with her little fingers. Her  hair covered her face and shoulders like a noir cloak. Shyly she looked back at me, I could only see one of her eyes, her waist length tresses obscured the other side of her face. She was nibbling on her lip and fidgeted with her small hands. I reached up and tucked the curtain of hair behind her ear "I like to see your beautiful face, Jillian" I murmured to her. She really was an exquisite and delicate creature, every move she made was graceful and elegant; her movements perfectly calculated to seem effortless and subconsciously magnificent. 

Jillian pivoted her hips so she was facing me. With a hand laid on my chest, Jillian bent down and looked into my eyes, "I'm sorry" she whispered before kissing me gently with her soft, sweet lips. 

"Good morning" I told her when we separated. I twirled a lock of her hair around my finger. Jillian looked away towards the wall, her mind far, far away.  "Did you sleep well?" I asked. She didn't answer, she just flopped over on my stomach and groaned "I no wanna get up" 

Likewise, but we had plans for the rest of the day, after all it was Jillian's first day as Luna. 

"Don't worry, you'll be fine" I patted her back for reassurance. She really would be great, she just cuts herself short by freaking out all the time. But I know that Jillian will be one of the best Lunas this pack has ever seen. 

Digging the heels of her palms into her eyes, Jillian sighed and rolled off me to the other side of the bed. I copied her movements and rolled onto my side.

Jillian looked up , her gaze cutting right through me, she snuggled up next to my body and burrowed into the blankets. One of her arms wrapped around my neck and her leg was slung over my waist, as if to lock me in place.