Alone

Jillian's POV

My tongue felt like sand paper in my mouth, the dryness nearly suffocating me. I flopped my hand over to the other side of the bed to pat my mate on the back and ask him to get me some water.

But all I felt was the cold, unused sheets.

Slowly my eyes parted, clearing the bleary fog that had created a film over my eyes. I rolled on my side to see if I could find him out of my reach.

Again I was met with cold and wrinkled sheets.

Gladys whimpered and all the memories of last night invaded my mind like an infiltry. The lies, the alcohol, the pain and the betrayal. I chewed on my lip and sniffed, my thirst forgotten. My sleep had been restless without my mate. I had become used to him holding me or at least being there during the night.

Just the slightest smell of him was comforting.

The door began to rustle and I pulled the blankets closer. When I broke down last night I had ripped of my dress and slept in my underwear. I was too ashamed to go into the bathroom and possibly see my reflection. It would be so embarrassing if someone saw me. The door opened to a girl. She was tall and had blonde hair that was pulled into a low ponytail. In her hands she had a tray of food. She closed the door and the closer she got to me the more I began to recognize her.

Same strong shoulders and mischievous, crafty look in her eyes. Same swaggering walk, even though it had been made submissive, it was still there exposing her obvious ego.

Chloe.

The girl who had challenged me, the girl who had talked about me behind my back. The girl that made my self esteem so low I was willing to get myself hurt for the likes of others. The girl who led me to disobey the Alpha.

This was all her fault.

My eyes narrowed and I swallowed while she placed the tray on the bedside table next to me. "Here, Luna" she mumbled bitterly. On it was two golden slices of toast, eggs, bacon, along with a small dish of butter to spread on the bread. Orange juice was in a glass. I wasn't hungry so I turned over and pulled the blankets closer.

I knew that I should say thanks for the breakfast, but I was too out of it to say anything. I closed my eyes and pretended that she wasn't there.

"Alpha ordered me to stay with you"

He ordered her to stay with me? Damien knew how poorly I got along with Chloe. She didn't like me and I couldn't care less for her.

This wouldn't have happened if you just listened to mate, Gladys sneered, recalling last night's craziness.

I didn't say anything to Chloe. If she was going to stay all day then she would stay in silence. Tugging one of Damien's pillows close to my chest, I began to doze off. Last night I really hoped that he would come back and sleep with me, but I guess he was to mad for that. He had been gone the entire night, and sleeping without him had been difficult. His smell and warmth lulled me to sleep; to substitute that I used one of his most fragrant pillows tucked under my nose.

It felt as if I had been asleep for only moments, but by the time I woke up the sun was shining through much brighter than before. Chloe was sitting on one of the arm chairs by the window, looking out over the land. I watched for a few seconds until she jumped and looked at me. "You're awake! Well its about time-- I mean did you sleep well?" she sat straighter and closer to the edge of the chair.

Not really, I didn't feel refreshed at all. I blinked at her while running my hand on the silky bed-sheet. Chloe tried to smile kindly "The Alpha would like for you to eat. Are you hungry now?"