Meetings, Meetings, and Markings

* Please read the authors note a the end of the story*

Jillian's POV

When I woke up I was snuggled between blankets and pillows, Damien's arms were secured tightly around my waist. I felt like I was being smothered by blankets and my mate's arms weren't helping my chances at breathing. I struggled out of his hold but that caused him to grasp me tighter.

 "Were are you going?" Damien asked, his voice deep and groggy from sleep. He was having a hard time sleeping last night saying that "There were too many new smells" So when he finally got to sleep it was around 3 in the morning and now it was 6:30.

"I'm going to the bathroom" I touched his hair and  tried wriggling out of his arms again.

But he had fallen back asleep.

"Poor baby" I murmured and managed to snake my way from his arms.

I hopped into the shower and got all ready for the day. I actually tried today compared to my usual uniform of sweatpants and hoodies. I wore black leggings and a tunic sweater, the design was a pretty maroon color and I added a suede belt around my waist. I exited  the bathroom quietly as not to wake Damien. He was sleeping so soundly and he had a long day yesterday. He looked so sweet, all wrapped up in the crisp white blankets the hotel provided, his hair tousled and messy...

How could someone so scary and angry be so calm and gentle in their sleep? I wondered.

I shrugged and continued to bustle around the room, I wanted to make sure that I had every possible thing I needed today. The plan for the day was meetings with other packs, to work on alliances and mergings. Crescent Moon was a large pack compared to many, and because of its size it was extremely strong. Josie had shown me some of the training regimen. The rigorous training that Damien put the pack trough showed how much strength the entire pack had in their fingertips. That made me even more afraid of becoming the Luna of the pack, I could not do any of the practices the rest of the pack was doing. If they saw that the pack members would accuse me of being a hypocrite.

My hands started shaking at the thought of the pack members hating me. I took a deep breath and reminded myself that I was going to be fine, and that they would understand that I came from a different pack where the training wasn't so intense. 

And even if you screwed everything up, mate would stand up for you and defend us, Gladys reminded me.

Thanks for the encouragement... I smiled. I knew that Gladys would always be someone I could speak with even when I was alone. 

Damien moved in the bed and I checked the rustic clock on the wall for the time. It was 7:30, I turned around and noticed that his breathing was faster compared to how slow it was in his sleep.

I didn't even notice I was tracking it. Ever since last night and its excitement I had become hyper aware of his movements, his breathing and heartbeat. Breakfast was to be served at eight and (even though I didn't want to) I had to wake Damien from his slumber. I moved to his side of the bed and moved his hair from his eyes. His face scrunched up all funny as his hand came up to swat my fingers away. 

"Damien, wake up." I pressed a kiss on his forehead. That seemed to do the trick because he opened his green eye and peered at me. 

"Nah." He mumbled and rolled over, hiding under the blankets. I sighed, he's almost as hard to wake up as I am.

"Damien, you need to wake up" I checked the clock again "Breakfast is in 30 minutes"

No response from my mate.