Taken Luna

Jillian's POV

The bed was strangely uncomfortable, it felt hard and cold. I moved to pull up the sheets and burrow closer to my mate but I had a hard time moving.

I groaned and struggled some more. An annoying sound was vibrating in my ear. I bet Damien fell asleep on top of me and was breathing deeply in my ear.

But I felt no suffocating pressure on my body and I didn't even feel like I was laying down. Gladys was eerily quiet and my head was killing me.

My eye lids felt like they were weighed down with lead, I had so much trouble opening them to see my surroundings.

I wasn't in a bed room at all!

I was chained up against a brick wall of a cell. My arms stretched up and horizontally attached to it with chains. My shoulders ached from being strained so long. The floor was hard against my legs and I scrambled against it, tearing the skin on my shins in the process.

My mouth dropped open and panic set in, the memories rushing back to my mind to haunt me. I inhaled to scream but a deep chuckle made the sound end in my throat.

"Finally, you are awake"

I knew the voice, it terrorized my dreams and reality for most of my life. It was the same voice that cackled when I cried for mercy from his painful hand. It was the same voice that continued to taunt me to this day.

Alpha Sadem.

My abuser.

My Father.

My eyes took a while to focus on the room, it appeared to be like the cell I had in Midnight Shadow just bigger and more chains. The brick floor and walls scraped up my thighs and it hurt to sit. I tried to roll my shoulders but the chains proved to hold strong, I whined out loud.

"What's the matter, pup?" My father sneered through his teeth, his dark eyes too much like mine to be comfortable. They shone with a lust for blood and his hands seemed to itch at the thought of beating me.

I began to shake at the sound of his condescending voice in my ears, I hated it so much. My head felt light when I thought of all those terrible days I had spent being whipped, slapped, beaten then pumped full of Lycanthrope to awaken my wolf and reconstruct my body while deconstructing it. Every memory made me want to vomit.

"Bring in Cross" My father ordered out loud. He could have mind-linked but I had a strange feeling that he spoke aloud to instill fear in me. It begged the question who Cross was and what he was doing here.

I was thirsty, tired and scared. I just wanted my mate to come and comfort me, Damien would know what to do. I began to search for Gladys, she was the closest thing I had to a friend right now. My head felt foggy and muddled.

Gladys!

Gladys, where are you?

My wolf was looking about as dull as I felt. Her fur seemed to not shine with its silver shimmer and her eyes not full of energy, but she answered my plea.

What is going on? I asked, scared out of my mind to be in the same room as my father right now.

I-I don't know yet. My nose feels broken.... Gladys whimpered back to me.

"Where is that man? I want Cross right now!" My father barked out another order, he did not like to wait, he never did.

"Hold your horses, I'm right here." Then another man came up to the bars of the cell. He made a point not to put his hands on it, so I assumed it was made with some kind of silver. Silver burns a wolf's skin like fire, some packs even brand with it instead of hot coals. Sometimes the sting is so effective it hurts for days before you can cure it with some type of ointment.