Chapter7:Freeway chase

She opens a door and I see a sheet over a body and the breathing machine stuck on a beep "no,he can't be dead"I grab her shirt and she looks confused ."oh wrong room"I stop breathing heavily and she leads me to the room next door and I see Asher sleeping in a bed with his heart race steady. By now the clock says one fifteen and I stay in the room waiting for him to wake "Janelle?" I look at him and he's pissed "what happened to Tanner having me" "I didn't mean it like that"I sit on the foot of the bed and he turns to the side away from me "so your not going to believe me" "nope". "So I guess it doesn't matter I burned down a building,burned my leg and face,and saved your ass from dying of poison from your dad just for you" he slowly turns back around and pecks me on the lips. I go up to the door and look at the cause "poison?" When I turn back around he's already asleep again and I begin to look out the window and study the city.

The air is slightly darker then ours with clouds covering most of the sky like smog and its filled with skyscrapers which we don't have much of besides in Los Angeles which is tore down and Las Vegas which is still up. A nurse comes in and shuts the lights off and I fall asleep on one of the chairs, "then I'm going to get your brother and sister". Tanner drives to California where I live and kills everyone I know "don't hurt me,I barely know her"a friend, killing my best friend "what's wrong with you,your a freak"she cries and cries and then my mother. "Why would you take my daughter" I'm even afraid for my music teacher no matter what he's always been there for me. "Janelle,oh JANELLE"his voice haunts my ears and then I wake up from someone shaking me "Janelle" my eyes open and its Asher who has this worried look on his face. "You were screaming"he turns to where my head was and notices blood.

"Let's go"he says and my eyes focus on his "aren't you suppose to stay here for a few days"I say "yeah but he's going to find your family and we don't want that to happen". I get up and we go out of the room and then as we're in the hallway we see Tanner "there they are"my eyes get huge and I'm stuck paralyzed by noticing him. Asher grabs my hand,pulls me and then I come to it and run through the hall,going down the stairs then out the door. "Go to the white car" I say as we run to it and I Hotwire it,as I'm messing with the wires Tanner comes up to the door on Asher's side and pulls him out. "You were suppose to die"he says as he chokes Asher on the side of the car and then I take out the gun I had and shoot Tanner in the arm making him let go of Asher. We both get in the car fast and take off,while we're driving out of the parking lot I instantly hear the glass of the backseat window break and a bullet lays as the cause shot by Tanner.

"Which way to the freeway"I say and Asher points west, my eyes focus on the road and I see car after car just having a normal day. I drive for maybe three hours on the free way "Hey Janelle you've been driving for a while I'll take the wheel"we pull over and he gets in the drivers seat and I get in the back so I could lay down and hopefully sleep like I use to. My head goes and lays on the door with my feet on the other door and then I hear a gunshot and a bullet go in the passengers seat "OH MY GOD". I get up and look out the broken window to see Tanner driving this black Mercedes and a black van on the side of his car. "Drive faster Asher" he picks up the speed and I see a man go and shoot from the van but hits the trunk "ah switch lanes,SWITCH LANES" "don't yell at me!". Asher switches lanes and I see Tanner's car begin to pick up speed "oh god why"I say and face palm myself.