ORDA! 1 | "He is obsessed with sex"

CHAPTER 1 - "He's obsessed with sex"

***Erin’s POV***

           “Erin! Mandy! Breakfast’s ready!” Dad called from downstairs.

           “We’re coming Dad!” I called back. I looked at my older sister Mandy and asked, “How do I look?”

           “Not like a tutor, I can tell you that for sure. But, you look really nice. They’re a really rich family so you need to look formal and presentable,” Mandy said.

           “I wanted a simple answer not a lecture,” I said with a laugh.

           “You’re right, that’s your job,” she said, also laughing.

           I smiled. I knew exactly what she meant. We’ve both known from a young age that if you’re a girl and you’re born into the Ganson family, you only have two options. Marry who your father chooses or be so clever that you become a successful teacher or doctor. My dad was a General in the army and it was the only thing that he’d ever known. Our older brother Nick is in the army because of my dad. Nick always says that he’s happy there but we hardly ever see him. My father has always wanted one child to be a teacher and one to be a doctor. He Mandy was born before me she got the first choice. She chose to be a doctor, which left me to be a teacher or marry someone like my dad! Naturally, I didn’t want to do either, but as the years went by I mastered almost every subject and have the highest IQ in my class.

           I think dad wants the best for us and I know that there was no point in fighting him. Despite his dominating personality, I sometimes felt sorry for him. Ever since mum died, he’d been on his own. He was able to raise Nick effectively but he had no idea how to raise two girls on his own and so he did the best that he could. Like I said, I felt sorry for him but I also didn’t understand why he wanted to force us into doing everything. Sometimes I think he hates me. He lets Mandy get away with almost everything. I don’t hate Mandy but I wish that he wasn’t so strict on me. I know that this sounds completely stupid and unrealistic but Dad can be very scary when he wants to be. He’s highly respected by numerous government and military organisations around the world due to his position in the army and therefore has connections in very high places.

           Eventually, I decided that being a teacher would not be such a bad idea and the more I researched about it, the more I started to like it. The course that I want to take involved gaining experience by tutoring students. I have to tutor six students in a certain time period and then take an exam and an interview to see if I’ll be allowed to be a suitable teacher. I’ve tutored five people and I have my first session with my sixth student today. It I get a good recommendation from this family, then I’ll be able to take the exam. If not my father will count my tutoring as a fail and he will force me to marry someone of his choice. He had already picked out possible husbands for me, men with money and power.

           Pushing my father out of my head, I checked my appearance in the mirror. I was wearing light blue jeans, a plain white T-shirt, a biscuit-coloured cardigan and black boots. I had plain gold, dangling earrings, a gold necklace with an E-shaped pendant and a gold watch. My dark brown hair was sleek, straight and shiny as it draped on my shoulders. I smiled and turned towards Mandy.

           “How do I look?” I asked again.

           She looked at me thoughtfully. “Undo the cardigan,” she said.