ORDA! 3 | "I have a boyfriend"

CHAPTER 3 - "I have a boyfriend"

***Erin’s POV***

           It had been a week since I started tutoring Liam and everything seemed to be going well. He does almost everything I say and is actually improving on his studies. He’s not as bad as I thought he was and he makes me laugh all the time.

           I was sitting on the sofa with Liam lying on the floor in front of me with books all around him. My phone rang and I picked it up.

           “Hello.”

           “Hey babe! How are you?” Adam said.

           “I’m great,” I said, with a smile.

           “I haven’t seen you in ages. I miss you.”

           “I miss you too. We should meet up. Are you coming to the wedding?”

           “Yeah, I’ll be there. Then we can catch up.”

           “Okay. Bye Adam.”

           “I love you, babe.”

           “I love you too.” I smiled.

           I put the phone down and looked to see if Liam was finished.

           “Are you done Liam?” I asked him.

           “Yeah,” he said. “Who was that?”

           “Oh, that was Adam,” I answered.

           “Is he your boyfriend?” Liam asked in a strange voice.

           I snorted a laugh. “No,” I gasped. “He’s one of my best friends.”

           “Why was that funny?” Liam asked.

           “Because Adam’s gay,” I explained.

           Liam smiled now. “Oh. What wedding were you talking about?”

           “I didn’t tell you,” I hit my head with my hand. “It’s my Aunt Claire’s wedding tomorrow. I may be late for the session tomorrow because the wedding doesn’t finish until 9pm. I’m going to leave early so should only be half-an-hour late.”

           He nodded.

***

          The wedding was over. Now for the after party. I had a changed from my pink bridesmaid dress into a party dress. It was red and made of satin, silk and velvet materials. The main bodice was satin and it had thick, velvet off-the shoulder straps. The skirt was made up of many layers of red, silk ruffles that went up to my knees. I had high-heeled black shoes on and I curled my hair so that it lay in perfect curls on my shoulders. I had some ruby jewellery and some make-up on my face. I also had a gold clutch bag with all my stuff in.

           My sister grabbed me the second she saw me and we went to dance with our friends. After a few hours, I realised that I should go to Liam. I grabbed my bag of clothes and I quickly went to say bye to my family. My dad called me to one side and said that he wanted to talk to me. I followed him into a quieter area of the party.