Chapter 8: Double Trouble

~*~NCIS~*~

The adults were still diligently working about 10 minutes after the kids made their great escape. Tony was the first to notice but he ignored it for a moment. He threw a paper ball at McGee. McGee glared. Tony mouthed for him to open it. He got the hint and opened the paper. He read Tony's hurried scrawl.

'The kids bolted. Don't look. Ziva will have AJ's head for sure this time!!'

McGee nodded discreetly. Tony decided to make conversation with Ziva before she found out.

"So Ziva, do you have anymore info on the victim?" Tony asked innocently.

"I have about as much info on him as you do, Tony. I am close. I've told you this already," Ziva replied.

She noticed McGee's expression. "McGee? Is there something wrong?" Ziva asked in suspicion.

McGee shook his head. "Me? Nahh nothing's wrong Zi...." he answered nervously, trying to convince her.

Ziva narrowed her eyes. "What is going on? Is there something that you two aren't telling me?" she asked with her arms crossed.

McGee and Tony shared a fearful glance. Jen and Gibbs walked in.

"Anything on the victim?" Gibbs inquired.

"Uh yeah almost there, Boss. I uh, found a few of his cell phone records," McGee stuttered.

"Where are Amy and AJ?" Jen asked, pointing to the now vacant chairs.

"Oh they are right-" Ziva started, but did a double take.

Jen looked at Tony and McGee for answers, but they shrugged helplessly.

Ziva suddenly went into a rant in Hebrew that sounded like a vulgar and inappropriate combination of foreign profanity. Tony's eyes widened when he heard 'AJ' in part of the sentence.

'Oh God...the boy is NEVER going to sit again' Tony thought to himself. Ziva's voice rose up an octave, causing McGee's jaw to drop.

"What is she saying, Jen?" Gibbs whispered.

Jen chuckled. "Well Jethro, all I'm going to say is that AJ is going to be one sorry little boy when Ziva finds him," she answered in amusement.

"And she sure will," Gibbs sighed, shaking his head.

~*~NCIS~*~

AJ and Amy ran down to Ducky's.

"Hello, and what are you two up to?" Ducky greeted.

"Nothing much," Amy replied with a shrug.

"So children, what brings you down here?" Ducky asked.

"Just wanted to say hi," AJ answered casually.

Ducky was about to reply when his phone rang. He answered it and the kids exchanged fearful glances.

"Yes, Dr.Mall- yes? Anthony I cannot hear you, is- is that Ziva in the background? I can hardly- oh dear- Why yes actually...okay...console Ziva before she develops a higher blood pressure...alright then. Bye," Ducky hung up. "Children-" he started, but when he turned to look, the kids were already gone.

Jimmy turned to see Ducky looking around, confused.

"....Doctor? What just happened?" he asked.

"I don't know, Mr. Palmer. But it is not going to end well at all," Ducky sighed, shaking his head.

~*~NCIS~*~

AJ and Amy ran into the elevator and shut the door. AJ slammed the emergency stop button.