Chapter 11: Zora & Changes

Previously, on Doppelgänger: The Beginning...

Ziva was silent for a moment."Tony.." she started. He looked up curiously at her.

"Yes Zi? What is it?" Tony asked.

"A thought had just occurred to me-I..." Ziva started but stared past him. Tony tried to get her attention and looked in the direction she was looking at. What he saw made his face flush.

"W-wait what?" he said confused.

He was staring straight into the dark brown eyes of a 10 year old girl. The girl looked exactly like Ziva, with her dark brown curls, widow's peak and Star of David necklace. She wore a black T-shirt and olive cargos with black Vans sneakers.

"Ziva, does she look familiar to you?" Tony asked.

Ziva shot him a deadly look. She bent down near the girl and began speaking in fast Hebrew. The girl's eyes brightened and she responded eagerly. She then switched to heavily Israeli accented English.

"I am able to speak English, also. I do not know where else to go," she replied.

"You are safe here. I am Agent Ziva David and that is Agent Anthony DiNozzo. What is your name?" Ziva introduced.

"My name is Zora Dreschler and I am 10 years old. My Abba, brother, sister and Ima were killed in Israel. I escaped, do not ask how, and made it here from a map that was given to me," Zora explained.

"We must tell the Director," Ziva stated.

Zora looked at them confused.

"Our Boss," Tony explained. They all walked up to the Director's office. They wondered why Zora came a week earlier than they expected but for some reason, that didn't matter anymore.

~*~NCIS~*~

Soon, the team met Zora and she was placed in their care, then told the rules of NCIS and their consequences.

"Hi, I'm AJ," AJ introduced.

"Shalom, AJ, I am Zora," Zora replied, and she smiled for the first time since she came.

"I'm Amy," Amy greeted.

"Nice to meet you," Zora replied.

"And I'm um, Tom," Tom introduced shyly.

"Hello, Tom," Zora replied. "So," she said, looking at the adults. "Who am I to stay with?"

"Well, is it okay if you stay with Ziva and I?" Tony asked.

Zora nodded. "I would like that. I will try not to be of any trouble," she remarked seriously.

"Nonsense, you are a child and children get into shenanigans," Jenny stated. Ziva and Zora gave her an identical look of confusion.

"Mischief," Jenny clarified.

"Oh," Ziva and Zora answered together.

"Well, now you'll have a child your age to keep you company," McGee told Zora.

"You mean, AJ?" Zora asked.

"Yes, and you both will be nice understood?" Tony said.

Zora and AJ nodded. "Yes, sir," they replied.

"Zora, I wanna show you something cool!" AJ stated eagerly.

"Okay," Zora replied. She looked to Tony and Ziva for permission. They nodded and she ran off to follow AJ, Tom, and Amy.

"She's a spitting image of you, Ziver," Gibbs commented.

Ziva smiled. "Yes, she is," she agreed. "I will like having a little girl in the house,"