Chapter Eighteen: Endings

Chapter 18

__________________________________________________________________________

I was at the door of my old house, pulling out the key to the front door from my pocket.

It all flashed back to me now, standing there on the welcome mat. I remember packing my suitcases that morning, and having Jaden pick me up in her van later that afternoon.

That was the last memory I had in this house.

I stepped inside, taking in the appearence. It was thrashed, with different random things littering the floor. I stepped around them. It was so weird how abandoned it was. There were still dirty dishes left in the sink, and an opened cook book on the counter.

I walked around for a minute. It had been so long. I went in to my mom's room. It had appeared she took most of her stuff, with empty hangers on the rod in the closet, and her bed stripped from blankets.

I remembered my purpose in coming here in the first place, and went to my old bedroom. I didn't want to take too much time, as the taxi cab was waiting for me to return outside.

I went to my closet and pulled out everything I wanted, specifically my homecoming dress I had came for. I grabbed a few other things that were important to me from my room and then walked out, closing the door behind me.

 I went outside, holding a huge bag of my stuff and getting back in to the taxi cab. I laughed, thinking I probably looked like some kind of robber going in to a house and bringing a sack full of things out of it. He didn't question me though, but just silently drove me back to the hospital and thanked me when I handed him the wad of cash.

The next morning, I woke up around noon, feeling lazy. I wasn't looking forward to today, but in a way, I kind of was. It was my last goodbye to Anthony. I was hoping this would be a form of closure, no matter how hard it was going to be. 

I took a shower, with my casted leg sticking out the side. I had gotten the hang of things, especially the cast. Sometimes I even forgot I still had it on. 

I air dried my hair, and pulled it in to a loose bun on the back of my head. I slipped in to the black dress. It was strapless, and made of satin, with a black floral print embroidered on it.

My makeup was applied soft and light. I looked better with natural colors. I applied light pink lip gloss, and added a little sparkle to it as well.

I slipped on one black sparkly stiletto heel. It probably wasn't the best idea, considering by wearing it I might have a chance of breaking my other leg.

I completed the look with a small pearl necklace, draped around my neck.

I frowned as the cast threw off all hope of sophistication. I sighed. There was  nothing I could do about it.

I wobbled down to the lobby of the hospital, and out the doors.

Dr. Reynolds pulled up in his car, with what must have been his wife in the front seat. He was driving a Mercedes, which wasn't surprising at all. He was one of the best doctor's in town which would only mean that he was the richest. He wore a black suit jacket while the lady wore a long-sleeved dress that flowed down to her ankles.

I smiled and opened the door to the backseat. Ella was sitting in one of the seats, and smiled when she saw me. Her blonde hair was perfectly curled and she wore a dress similar to mine. Her red lip stick really complimented her though.

 We pulled up to the church at the same time Nate did. I smiled as Nate came over to open my door for me. He wrapped his hand around mine, escorting me in to the church.