Part I

PART I

Well, it looks like I'm done for the day.

Lisa pushed the rim of her glasses up on the bridge of her nose and put her hands up to stretch. She's been slouching and cramping her small body for hours, diligently pounding on the keyboard and squeezing every ounce of information out of her brain to produce the essay her History teacher required. It wasn't due until next month and wasn't really worth a huge chunk of her grade but the fair-haired student had an affinity for studying and writing. Lisa isn't good at a lot of things, but she is good at studying. Almost too good. That's is why she has now run out of schoolwork to do. On a Tuesday.

Every paper, lab report, homework, and essay had been finished a week before the deadline. It's overkill, but Lisa knew she can't afford to slack off now—not on her senior year. Even with her scholarship, her mother barely has any money to send her off to the private high school she's attending. However, after finding out that Lisa was born exceptionally gifted from an early age, her mother pushed to get her the best education she can have.

Lisa has her mind dead set on going to an Ivy League school. She has been polishing her long list of credentials and 4.5 GPA for years. It could have been higher but alas, she just had to have a letter grade in P.E. and Health on her freshman year.

I wasn't as smart then.

Straightening her back and stretching for the last time, she gathered her things and turned the library computer off. While waiting for it to shut down, she glanced around the vicinity for a while and caught a glimpse of a framed photo on the wall.

It's their school's cheerleading team after they won the nationals last year.

April 16, 2015, it read in shiny, silver letters.

Her eyes shifted and focused on a certain person on the photo.

Jaimee Reed is a dancing legend. She made it in the cheerleading team on her freshman year and won the school its first national championship. The next year she became the captain and St. Briana's has never lost ever since then.

Looking closely, Jaimee can only be described as breathtaking. Even Lisa who's usually so indifferent and removed from the world can't resist gazing at the girl. In person, Jaimee walked like she owned the world and carried herself in a manner which made people never forget her presence. Not so surprisingly, the girl also had a reputation for being a spoiled brat. Lisa lay witness to one of Jaimee's tantrums one day and for a second, Lisa almost ran away after Jaimee's angry, electrifying blue eyes met her own tame ones.

But as if under her spell, everybody loved and admired Jaimee. People throw themselves at the blue-eyed teen just to get close to her—even back when she was still a freshman. That is how she got the nickname 'Queen'.

And it was, in a way, a name suited for someone like Jaimee.

The library computer beeped, indicating that it has shut down and Lisa was yanked back into reality. She slung her bag on her shoulder and stood up, glancing on the nearby clock in the process.

Her face scrunched up, realizing that she had stayed longer than she should have and her mother must really be worried now.

Lisa readjusted her glasses for the third time and started walking out of the library. She didn't worry about overstaying because she has permission from the principal himself to stay overtime on weekends for her to continue working on her fully-funded research on canine cancer cell growth. Lisa hauled her ass out of the library after shutting off the lights in haste.

She was just about to head out when she heard something from one of the classrooms in the left wing. Curious, she paused for a second and waited for the sound again.